Tuesday 5 May 2009

Dictionaries

I use only 1 dictionary.It's a oxford dictionaryIt's a electronic dictionary which is an oxford dictionary.My favourite dictionary is an oxford dictionary because it has many words and can describe clearly.I have used the electronic dictionary since I studied at high school because it easy to take and use.I always use dictionary for doing an English homework.A good dictionary must has a lot of vocabularies and describe clearly.If you can't find a basic word in a dictionary,that will be a bad dictionary.You should choose the dictionary which can translate in English-English,English-Thai because some time the dictionary translate in English-Thai is not clear so you must use English-English to make you understand.In addition,the dictionary which is expensive or translate in many language is unnecessary because you can't use all of them.if you don't sure about spelling word in the electronic dictionary.Moreover,some electronic dictionaries have a grammar exercise so you can practise in it.I think you can make your own dictionary.When you see a new vocab,you can write or draw it in your own book so that it will easy to find and remember.

3 comments:

  1. My favourite is also an Oxford dictionary, the Oxford English Dictionary. Now, I use the online version, which is very convenient and offers great search options and lots of other neat features.
    Which Oxford is your favourite?
    I've put a link to the online version of the Compact Oxford English Dictionary in the "Useful Links for AEP Students" section on the right, but I think that the online version of the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary is generally better. The Advanced Oxford Learner's Dictionary is also excellent, but isn't available in a free online version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I ran the same test using the word repair on the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary as I did with Long Du (Mimi's favourite dictionary), I noticed that it doesn't even list "go" as a meaning. I'm not sure if this is likely to be a problem or not, but I think it was a good choice by the editors. If you're reading an English text written a couple of hundred years ago, or eight hundred years ago, it might be a problem. How often do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know which Oxford that i use because my electronic dictionary doesn't tell about it.But I will find what dictionary that i using now.
    Moreover,I only check a meaning of the word from English-English and English thai.I never check the same word from another dictionary.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.