Monday 4 May 2009

My Dictionary

Dictionary is very important for everyone I have learned how to use the dictionary since I was young. My first dictionary is English-Thai. When I was at high school I use my first Electronic dictionary “Talking Dic” I like it very much and I feel it is very helpful and useful. I can find the meaning of words easily and quickly. Then I used English-English dictionary when I was in the university. Nowadays, I use three dictionaries which are Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 5th Edition, Electronic dictionary and Online Dictionary on http://dict.longdo.com . I think the effective dictionary which helps me to memorize words is dictionary in a book because it helps me to memorize the words since I have to find the letters one by one. If I want to learn and memorize the vocabulary, the traditional dictionary is the best option. However, in AEP Course, there is one way to memorize the word by guess the meaning by using context sentence, it help me when I read the passage or story. If I can guess the word that means I can memorize it. Moreover, I can understand the meaning of reading without dictionary.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. The dictionary which makes us able to remember the meanings of words is nice for us. On that point, books probably would be dictionaries because sometimes we can remember the specific words by connecting the stories.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.