Monday 4 May 2009

Respone on dictionaries.

I'm using two kind of dictionary. One is a electric dictionary and another is Oxford Student's dictionary Of English book, but I think none of them is good dictionary and I'm going to change another dictionary. I prefer to use the electric dictionary than the book because it's quick and convenient to carry. I think a good dictionary can give us the part of speech, the clearest meaning of the word, many diffrent meaning of the word, the synonymous words; and show us how this word is used, in which case? such as giving the examples. The dictionary which can give us only the meaning of the word is a bad dictionary. However, when I use dictionary I just look for the meaning and I usually use English-Vietnamese dictionary that why I could not remember new words easily, I did't look for the part of speech, or example; It's too bad. I'll try to change my bad habbit next time.
Please share with me if you have a good way to remember new words. Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. I think that the dictionary book is better than electric dictionary. I can practise to find the new vocabularies fast. I glance other words near the desired word that I am interested, so I can remember a lot of words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try to imagine when we discuss some topics which include the words that you don't know the meaning. If you don't know the meaning you can guess from classmates opinions. I think it is good way to remember new words by talking or using them. Then, when you find new words for you, why don't you ask your classmates. Of course, I will ask you when I find the words which are news to me.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.