Monday 17 March 2014

Takeaway clampdowns 'may combat obesity epidemic'

Is obesity epidemic? Nowadays, there are many fast food outlets around office and home to serve clients such as McDonalds, Domino's pizza, Wendy's, Carl’s JR., Subway, KFC, and so on. So, everyone can buy junk food or fast food easier than a past. The average person encounters 32 takeaway restaurants that include hamburgers, pizza, fried-food, and chip.

UK researcher said that restricting the number of fast food outlets around home and office could help combat the obesity epidemic by not opening takeaway restaurants near schools. While, other argue that policymakers should more concerned about healthy fast food. The evidence comes from a study tracking more than 5,000 adults born in Cambridgeshire between 1950 and 1975. They believes that the factor that influence obesity such as education, income, and smoking. On the other hand, Columbia University, New York, said her research on schoolchildren indicated children in neighbourhoods with a lot of fast-food restaurants were slimmer.

The reason that why many people like to eat fast food, it's can save their time and more comfortable. Many people are spending on takeaway and these foods are often less healthy than the meals that we make. This is a worrying trend given that a quarter of adults in the UK are already obese, putting them at greater risk of heart disease. It is a big problem of people who are eating fast food because it's easy to become obesity and then might be become heart disease.

Restricting might be successful? Nowadays, most of people concerned about their health and avoid becoming obesity. Hence, they will choose to eat only healthy food such as organic food and take an exercise everyday to make them be strong. I believe that restricting will be successful, if we are concerned about our health and avoid eating fast food. Especially, every fast food restaurants should focus not only tasty, but also nutrient to ensure that they will not take a risk to become an obesity, heart disease, or diabetes.

__________

Reference

Briggs H.Takeaway clampdowns 'may combat obesity epidemic'. BBC News Health. Retrieved from 2014, March 14 from http://www.bbc.com/news/health-26546863_

4 comments:

  1. I'm the one who choose a junk food for my breakfast because I don't have much time to have a meal at home. I think it's better than be starving right? However, I still concern about my weight, so I will exercise myself every morning and run at sport stadium every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I agree when Arm writes that "Hence, they will choose to eat only healthy food such as organic food and take an exercise everyday to make them be strong" (para. 4). Isn't the problem caused because people do not make choose to do this?

    It reminds me of people who think education about the dangers is a solution to things like drug use and teenage pregnancy: decades of obvious evidence plainly show that knowing the risks and even seeing the very real dangers happen to friends and relatives, does not stop people engaging in risky behaviour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes junk food is more comfortable and make times quickly. I'm always eat them when i'm in rush hour. I know that isn't a good reason but it's an only one choice for me. However, in the weekend, I usually play badminton with my family and talk a walk in the part in holiday. Is it can help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your point that junk food is comfortable and we can save time by eating them rather than the sophisticated one. I am always the fast food lover, especially Burger King's Whopper, Juicy burger from Carl's Jr. and so fourth. I think such activities Mim usually do is very helpful. But nowadays I do nothing but enjoy sleeping, eating, reading and play computer games without exercise and play sports. lol

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.