Thursday 2 April 2009

Mrs Bennet in Pride and Prejudice

In Pride and Prejudice, Mrs. Bennet is a mother of five daughters and a wife of a kind and wise man, Mr. Bennet. She wants her daughter to marry with a good and rich man which could be one of a job of a good mother at that time. Her characteristic is a talkative, a little bit bossy and some how sensitive (when she doesn’t get what she wants). I like this character so far although she sometime annoys me. I think she is a very funny character but she doesn’t realize that. When I watch the video about Pride and Prejudice made by BBC in the class, Lizzie and Jane secretly laugh at her mother when she acts and talks in her own style. The book doesn’t mention about this scene but I can imagine that. I wonder how Mr. Bennet can stay quite calm when she starts to be panic and paranoid because if I were Mr. Bennet, it will drive me crazy when someone do that to me. He may know his wife very well and secretly laughs at her when she does those funny actions. I think Mrs. Bennet adds spices in this book and she made me smile when she starts to talk like non-stop. Moreover, her characteristic reminds me of a lovely old lady who lives next to my house. She does the same actions that Mrs. Bennet does to her husband. I think they are a very cute couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.