Thursday 2 April 2009

Soojin's respons writing about page 183 ex.F in Quest

My turning point is choosing my major, theology. Actually, I would like to study law when I was in high school. I wished to be a lawyer and applied a university who is well known law. However, I failed to enter a university. I was very despaired at that time. Instead of law, I applied theology. Generally, people think that if someone choose theology, they will be a priest, but I don't abandon to be a lawyer in the future. Now, Korea just has a law school system and I have a plan to apply after graduate my faculty. In theology, I get a many things expecially about why I live, how I live, and what I have to live for in the future. Those are very voluable in my life. While I study theology, I would like to work for human rights, so decided to go to Bangkok and would like to work for them practically. If I didn't choose theology, I must not think of my life and decide to work for human rights but would like to follow my profits forever, and I must not decide to go to Bangkok and join Amnesty International.
Theology change my life and change my perspective of God. In the theology, I thought something that related to who is God, and who is human. Actually, my University is very liberal, so my professors push to think liberally and sometimes accept another religions' perspective. I was shocked at that time, because I just accustomed to christian in the church. Normally, church emphasize that God is absolute and only one with the bible. However, out of the church, in my faculty and with my professors and my friends, though I had a many stress, I get many things. I feel my thought is more broad. Though until now I can't answer many questions, I believe, someday, I will answer some of them(not all!) and help students who are worried about similar topic like my university life. Thus, theology change my vision and give new perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.