Thursday 2 April 2009

The turning point

The turning point of my life had come when I was eighteen after I finished my high school. Since I had chosen to study in science high school, I should continue my study in science program. However, I realized that it was very hard for me to make a decision. I found myself very interesting in language. I enjoyed studying English and German and I also a dream to study further in language. However, I had a little pressure from being a scientific student that I must continue studying science in the university. I spent a lot of time thinking which way will I take between the road to what I love and enjoy or the road that will take me to where I should be. Finally, I made up my mind and chose to study science in the university level. During my undergraduate study, sometime I would like to turn back time and chose another way and thought that I would be happier than what I was at that time. However, I had a very good support from my parents. They said that time cannot be reversed and things happened for a reason. They continued that at some conjunction in life, we cannot chose what we absolutely like but we have to chose an obviously better one although it seems terrible. It would be better to adapt yourself to something that you quite like, which means you don’t hate it, and enjoy it. I keep their words in my and now I have a quite happy life.

1 comment:

  1. Reading this made me think of Sunny's assessment of Charlotte above. Do you agree with her ideas about Charlotte?
    _________________

    It also reminded me of my first years at uni.. Because I'd done well in maths and science, I was expected to go into the more practical science degree program, which I did, but much as I loved physics, I really wanted to study other things even more, so I switched after one year to a humanities degree, which allowed me to keep up the mathematics whilst taking up philosophy and a couple of languages.
    It wasn't an easy decision, and my parents weren't thrilled by it, but they were supportive once I'd made up my mind. It probably wasn't as practical to major in philosophy, but I've never regretted that particular decision: a few others, but not that one.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.