Thursday 2 April 2009

The Road Not Taken

After I finished reading the poem "The Road Not Taken", it reminds me of a turning point of my life when I graduated my masters degree. At that time, I have two choices needed to be considered which are being a lecturer at one university and helping my family business in Phitsanulok. Those two choices may be determined my whole life in the future. However, I don't know the what the future would be for sure. The first choice of being a lecturer made me fulfill my dream. I have set my goal to work in the academic area in order to bring about my passion on dedicating my existing knowledge to others. On the other hand, working in the family business is the good ways to help my parent who are the ones I love. Also, if I choose to become as an academic I could only get a salary probably enough for my own living expense without much savings. While working in family family would make me gain enough money for my whole family. So, after I had throughoutly considered those possible outcome, I decided to become a lecturer at Naresuan University, located in my hometown in Phitsanulok. This option would be satisfy my goal to become an academic at regular working hour and at the same time, I could somehow help my family business after my working hour. However, when I became the lecturer as a full time, I found out that I didn't have much time to help my family business as expected. In addition, I need to go to study abroad to gain the masters and doctorate degrees which are the requirement for the lecturers in the university. So it seems I need to make a choice again whether I should continue my working as a lecturer and go abroad or I quit my job and help my family business at home.
I realize that people need to make a choice many times in their lives and those choices have their own different outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.