Wednesday 1 April 2009

Shopping sprees linked to periods


In “Shopping sprees linked to periods” BBC News report that the psychologists believe the shopping is a way for premenstrual women to manage with the negative emotion that from hormone changing. The study found in ten day before periods the women like to go spending spree. This situation is cause from fluctuation and surges in hormone and affects the part of brain. In fertile day, the women tend to dress to impress and were adornment with jewellery or make-up. As Professor Pine, of the University of Hertfordshire say, "The spending behavior tends to be a reaction to intense emotions. They are feeling stressed or depressed and are more likely to go shopping to cheer themselves up and using it to regulate their emotions."



What is your spending behavior? How much you pay for shopping per month ? Have you ever calculated it?


__________
References
Shopping sprees linked to periods.(2009,March 30),BBC News,Retrieved April 1,2009 from

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7971578.stm

4 comments:

  1. yes, i go shopping twice a months (if it's important), but my spending behavior is not in shopping because it has alot of people to go there. it is very noise place for me. my speding behavior is stay in quite place. example, in the park or some area which have bird sound...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shopping. I usually go to shop at Pattinum and JJ but I cannot remember how much I pay per month. I'm very happy when I buy new thing. And being happier when I go shopping with my mother because I don't pay it by myself. Do you agree with me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every week I usually shop in departments such as TESCO Lotus, Carrefour, Top supermarket and Big-C. When I am shopping, I feel good because I buy some thing as I like it.Shopping help decrease stress for women. The most people shopping are women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when we talk about spending bahavior with shopping.I believe everyone do it.Especially, when women have before periods,the women like to go spending spree.For me,when I have periods,I like to spopping at central and eat food such as shabushi and kfc.I don't know why when I have periods I would like to eat and many hungry.I can calculated it per month because I like to note it when I spending for something.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.