Sunday 27 September 2009

Ann disagrees with Law in eating meat topic

I disagree with him about morality of eating meat because I have many arguments while I'm reading his opinion. First, I think a turkey will die within one or two years. It has a very short life, so if we have to kill for survival, we should kill the animal that has a short life more than a long life.
For example, we don't want to kill tortoise because it has a very long life. A short-lived animal will die within a few years although we don't kill it. Second, in a society that has a social bond, he cannot convince me. He talked about one race that we don't have social bonds with them. We shouldn't kill them because they have a complex social bond in their society. If we have a social bond with an animal, we won't kill it because we love it. For example, we look after a cat or dog as a pet. Surely we don't want to kill it. If we take care a pig or chicken for months and we love it, we will protect it from other people and won't let it die. This is like a impaired person. Although he has not a sophisticated emotion but his parent still love him, so his parent won't let him die. Third, I think we don't eat a trainable animal such as dolphin, monkey and bird. If we can teach pig, fish, duck and chicken, I think we won't kill them. From my above reasons, I still think eating meat isn't morally wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Ann,
    I like your strong response to Law's essay. You have clearly read and understood the points that Law makes, and that is what you are responding to.
    I don't actually agree with you, but I do think it's a great response: strong, focussed, and clearly stated.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.