Monday 28 September 2009

My Wife’s Insect Phobia

I know someone who suffers from insect phobia especially cockroach. As I am entomologist, I am not only love insects but also I watch, collect, and sometimes rear them such as silkworms, butterflies, beetles, and crickets. It is surprise me that my wife extremely fears insects. I did not know it before. She fears all of insects because they have many legs and they can fly. In my opinion, I think that they just have six legs and I wonder why she does not fear the birds which can fly too. When the insects fly to her she scream and escape from them. Moreover, she disgusts cockroach because when she was a child she felt down into the concrete block where has a lot of cockroaches around one thousand. She felt so scare and fear that she can not get up. She just cries and cries for along time until her mother help her to get out from the concrete block. After that she always suffers from insect phobia. Moreover, I have experiences about her phobia when she saw a cockroach in the living room we could not go to bed until I kill it. I spent much more times to find and kill it, about 4 hours. Besides she can injure me if she has a weapon. For example, I am injured by her knife when I feign her with the cockroach in my hand. According to the information, I try to do every thing to protect her from the insects which made her suffer by get rid of all insect away from her.

6 comments:

  1. you have a good example for insect phobia. i can imagine when your wife see the cockroach. i fear it too but i think it is not phobia like your wife. May be it is a challenge problem for you, entomologist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wife is lucky because she has the lover insects(you) to protect her from insects she's afraid of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same idea as Keng. It seems an unfortunate phobia for someone whose husband is an entomologist. I guess if you don't take your work home it isn't too bad.
    My mother is a bit afraid of spiders, but I don't think it's a phobia. She doesn't run away, and if they are catching insects in their webs, she usually ignores them. I don't have any spiders in my condo, but when I lived in Sydney, I liked tehm live in my home to eat the mosquitoes and other insects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, Peter. Spiders are friendly of human and environment because they control other insect which is pests and medical insects by their web.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Peter. I think your wife does really love you. Do you know why? Because I think it's really hard for the person who get the insect phobia to stay in the house that there are many kinds of insects. So, you should take care of her very well by getting rid of any kinds of insects that she doesn't like. If you can find the method to get rid of cockroach from the world, I'm sure she'll be very happy... Me too. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like insects. I think some of them are very dangerous.
    Peter you said that you like spiders? If you see a big spider, I think you will never like it after.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.