Tuesday 22 September 2009

Kate's Academic Interests

I graduated from the Faculty of Commerce and Accountancy, Chulalongkorn University, major in Banking and Finance. For the reasons why I choose to study this major, firstly I was interested in investment in stock market but I had no idea about how to choose a good stock to invest. Secondly, I think financial background is necessary to run my own business into the future. I think finance is more difficult than other areas if I have to study it by myself. So, I decided to study in this field.

After I graduated, I also worked in finance and accounting departments because I want to know do I really like this field? But after I worked, I can realize that I don't want to work in this field anymore. But I'm interested in marketing job. So, for my master's degree, I will not certainly choose to focus on finance.

4 comments:

  1. your area is very interesting. I m glad in your planning to study something that u like. If u love to do what u like,it means success. i m sure your english is very well so i think u can catch your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I changed my mind about what I wanted to study even before I graduated.
    Finance has been in the news a lot lately. Do you think the bankers deserve the blame that many have given them for the current economic crisis? How serious do you think it really is? (You don't really have to answer these questions. I think they might need long essays rather than short commments on a blog. But you can give your short opinion if you like.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Kate
    Your blackground is interesting.Unlike me,I realized that finance is very interesting but marketing are the things that I am not keen on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the question from Peter. I think the person who should blame is not only the banker,but also our our greedy. In economics,we are tought to think about how to maximize the benifits. In finance,we are tought to maximize our profits/wealth.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.