Monday 28 September 2009

Aor's phobia

I have got a phobia about extremely high places. I have never known this my mental disorder until I travelled to Japan with my friends two years ago. I went to Tokyo Tower where all visitors usually see the town around on the 125 floor. This floor had long square areas which were made of strong glass. People could stand and look at the lowest ground floor as bird eye view. I observed that there were many different manners with this area. For example, someone could walk passing through, others only poked their head or did not walk. Moreover, some persons had screamed and open their mouth when trying to walk. I wondered their behaviors. So, I think that they were very coward. After that, I bent down and tried to walk on that. Surprisingly, I was not different feelings from these coward persons but more violent manners than others. I illustrated that my legs shivered; my heart rates were upper than my regular base line-120 times/minute; my breath were hyperventilation; my face was pale. Including, I could not keep walking to the ending part and decided to sit on the glass. I looked like unconscious life. After five minutes, my full conscious come back my body. This happening is my good reason I have promised myself that I must not do risk activity- stand on extremely high places -since I may be died.

1 comment:

  1. I think your fear is not the phobia because that is regularily emotional response. Everyone can feel likely you.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.