Monday 28 September 2009

Keng Opinion On The Difference of A Phobia and Normal Fear

Phobia is a type of anxiety disorder. It is a strong, irrational fear of something that little or no actual danger. For example, some children suffer from school phobia or some people suffer from insect phobia. It seems to be a little thing for other people, but It interferes with their daily life. Many people wonder that why they suffer from usual things. The main symptom of this disorder is unreasonable desire to avoid the feared subject. It occurs without any external threat. I also understand what they feel because I m one of the phobic people about water. Due to the past experience about the accident. I no need to traveling by boat. I prefer to take time by bus and feel more comfortable.

Fear is an emotional response to somethings or some situations. It is a basic survival mechanism occurring in response to a specific stimulus, such as pain, emergency accident. Fear includes such emotions as happyness, sadness and anger. Fear is not a type of disorder. It is related to the specific behaviors of escape and avoidance or the future events. Everyone can fear but It occurs with external treat and in different sources. who can avoid from fear ?

2 comments:

  1. Could you tell me about your accident?
    Can you swim in a pool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, keng you explain about the difference clearly. I agree with your idea that we can not avoid from fear.If I have some problem about the phobia I wish you have a good suggestion for me.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.