Monday 12 November 2012

Cee's non-formal academic interests

When I was in high school, I read a lot of fictions. However, it was ceased when i studied Political Science and International Relations for 4 years in the university. After that, when I have leisure time, I usually pick a novel or fiction to read. It's kind of relaxation from the stressful world. More than that, I think a lot about what the meaning behind all literature I read. From my point of view, there are messages existing more than we see or read. In other words, the readers should read between the line in order to infer what is the writer's purpose or symbolic expression.
__________

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... those sound like good reading skills for us to practise this term. We might start tomorrow, with a short, classic novel.

    "Symbolic expression" is exactly right, and that's coming up in Quest tomorrow, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Good novels lead us new worlds and stay there. Since I moved to Bangkok from Korea last year I have read some novels, especially Dostovevsky'works and Bonte Sisters' were impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Dostovevsk a Russian author? I guess from his/her name. And how about the Bonte Sisters? I guess they are French.

      I'm so sorry, Jae. I really don't know them, but the Bonte Sisters reminds me of the Brothers Grimm, the celebrated German authors of well-recognised fairy tales.

      Delete
  3. I love reading novels too and also trying to figure out the interpretation of it. My no.1 novels of all time is "south of the border,west of the sun" written by Haruki Murakami. If you haven't read it,I recommend this book for you. I think Murakami is one of the best writers in this century. He has talent in explaining complex emotions of people, especially an uncertain, empty and lonely feeling of people in big city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Air, I haven't read it, so you MUST lend me this book.

      In what language do you have this book? I believe it is in English!!!

      Delete
    2. Yes, It is English version. Of course, I can let you borrow it,after you finish your '1984'. lol

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.