Wednesday 14 November 2012

Grants to be available for childcare businesses

 If you have no time to take care your young children, where is the first place that you think of?

In''Grant to be available for children businesses'' the government points out that a childcare is a vital part of helping women get work and have a chance to work outside. Therefore, next April the government will give a grant of up to 500 pounds to people who are about to establish childcare businesses.

In my view, I agree with this article in that the childcare industry is a major employer of women. In other words, childcare businesses will help women have high employment opportunities. Babysitters are mainly female. The more nurseries are set up, the more women are employed.

However, I do not think that the nursery is the good place where young children are taken care. Young children should stay with their mothers at home. Most children taken care by the nursery are in the age of 0-5 years old which are a critical period of growth and development. Therefore, parents should take care their young children by themselves. This reminds me of how luck I was. My mother used to tell me that she spent three years taking care me before I would start kindergarten. She quit her job to have taken care me. Some women may think that if  their young children are taken care by the nursery, it is a good chance for them to work outside in order to earn money and help support their families. I know that money is the most necessary thing in life, but I also realize that money is not the important thing in life.!!! If you do not lack money extremely, you should spend time taking care your young children by yourself. Spending time with the child whom you love is the most wonderful period of time. You can view your child's growth and development.

Reference
2012, November 14. Grants to be available for childcare businesses. BBC News Website. Retrieved November 14, 2012 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20321063



5 comments:

  1. I think that apart from working chance, there are also other advantages of nurseries. From my experience, I have 1 niece and 1 nephew from different families, they are almost at the same age. My niece has been going to a nursery since she was just 1.5 years old, whereas, my nephew has been looking after by his mother. After 1 year, I can notice the obvious change in my niece's behavior that she can do or try to do so many things by herself such as eating and taking off her clothes, while my sister in law still do everything for my nephew. I think it is because baby sisters at the nurseries has been educated about how to take care of children in different age groups and have more experiences than the beginner parents. Moreover, nurseries might help to develop social skills of children as they have the opportunity to have relationship with other people outside their families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also one niece and one nephew who are same age, seven-year-old, but in each different case. My niece, who was in a nursery and is under caring of a babysitter, learned social skill earlier than my nephew, is always longing for her mom’s attention, whereas my nephew, who has been with his mom from the first time, wants to avoid his mom’s attention. I favor the thought parents should take care their own child by their hand, but all things have both merits and demerits. The difficulty of caring children for working moms is a cause of low birth rate which becomes concern about economy. Anyway, no matter what is a mom’s choice, government should aid public childcare. It’s not a personal problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if they are good organized, going to nursery is a good choice for children. As Katie said, they learn social skills by mingling with other children , taking care of the youngers, and being independent. One of my friends, mother of three children, continued working for 20 years, said that because the time she could spend with children was short, she made it more concentrated, affectionate and pleasurable. Some government encourage companiies to offer parenting leave for both fathers and mothers, or shorter working time during caring children. I hope such offers and good nurseries give more choice for mothers, when they want to continue their careers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Ann that the best person to raise and take care children is their mom. I heard the worst news about Thai nursery that had a very bad teacher who abuse the kid by hitting, slap and kicking. It is tragedy for both kid and parents. She said that she did it because she was stress. So I think we should let children stay with their mom instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank Mo for agreeing with my point. ;) I also agree with your point. How do parents exactly know which nursery is best for their young children or who the right babysitter is? In my view, parents themselves should take care their young children because parents will see their child's growth and development happening, which helps parents know about their children's problem. Moreover, children being in the age of 3-5 years old begin to imitate behavior of the person who are close to them.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.