Monday 12 November 2012

Jae's non formal academic interest

What if I had wings on my back. Maybe I could fly in the air and I could go almost everywhere I want to visit except restricting areas and religious places where I should be careful or I could have been shot or injured. I don’t want to die but I simply want to enjoy flying in the air. Ever since 13 years old, I’ve dreamt to be a pilot. I used to live near air force base so that I could see nice and manly pilots. At the same time, I hoped that I want to learn how to operate airplane. Every day I looked up the sky when jet planes take on and off and I used to draw my dream in the sky. I liked looking at various jet planes and have respected pilots. One day I thought that I become a pilot who can operate a jet and travel mach at 2. However, it was a short time since I realized that I can’t accomplish my goal. If someone wants to be a pilot, he or she must have a physical superiority, a psychological stability and an excellent intelligence. I didn’t meet anything they need. It was so sad that I even didn’t think another dream related with pilot.

In 2000, Fortunately, I had a chance to operate airplane in the USA. Thanks to Ju-Hak, Lee who was a ph.D student in Psychology Dept. UCLA. USA, 1999~2002 and he has a license to operate airplane. I steered airplane with him, actually plane had two operating control seats, main and sub control seats, from L.A. to Las Vegas. For 3 or 4 hours, It was really short time but It was a really great experience to me. I couldn’t see anything in front of cockpit without the Great Bear. It was so dark and so silent that I could feel as if I were in other planet. My feelings were mixed together, so I can't express what I felt exactly. It was a really fantastic and weird experience. Maybe it would be the first and the last chance in my life. Though I can’t not go back that moment forever, I wouldn’t forget that moment and I’ve still wanted to learn and interested in how to operate airplane.  

3 comments:

  1. Do you have the same dream as Christopher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Christopher is a bit more ambitious.

      Delete
  2. Oh...I didn't notice that he wants to be a pilot.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.