Wednesday 4 July 2018

Going to the top?

What I read

According to BBC "Japanese tourist dies while climbing Uluru in Australia"(2018), Japanese tourist has died from climbing Uluru in Australia. This man is 76 years, he was collapsed halfway up the rock and couldn't be revived. The police said his death is not being suspicious. He has been taken to the medical centre nearby by helicopter, but he couldn't make it. He was pronounced dead later. Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park has voted unanimously to ban climbing and this going to effect next year. The reason for ban is Uluru is 348m high, the climb is very steep and might be slippery, temperature can be also reach to 47C on the summer. Many of tourists who visited are strongly urged not to climb for any reason.

___________________________________ 

My response 

I think the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park is doing the right thing for ban climb. Some of the places is beautiful by looking and shouldn't be disturb from the humans. Nature is already make it beautiful, thing we can do is protect it from the people who want to take it. Uluru is beautiful and also danger in the same time, for what I think is it good for having Uluru for a view and take a picture, but it's too danger for climbing.  
___________________________________ 

My question

Do you think Ulura-Kata Tjuta National Park was doing the right thing?
___________________________________ 

Reference

Japanese tourist dies while climbing Uluru in Australia.(2018, July 4). Retrieved from https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-44706478

7 comments:

  1. I think mountain climbing is always dangerous, but lots of people want to try, because the feeling when you stand on the top of mountain is very different, and the view is so beautiful you will think you never see that. People need to require adequate preparation to do this activity. I think if the climber doesn’t destroy the ecological environment, the mountain may open at some safety season, and allow some professional person to climb or must go with an experienced guide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to Uluru mountain before, so I have no idea what are pros and cons of allowing tourists to climb it. I also agree with Na that mountain climbing is always dangerous, but this reason alone is not good enough for the ban.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing that came to my mind was the question: "Should people be banned from climbing Mount Everest?" This is also a very dangerous climb, in fact far more dangerous than climbing Uluru. I agree with Teng that being dangerous is not a good enough reason to ban an activity. If that were a good enough reason, then a lot more things would have to be banned, from mountain climbing generally to surfing in many areas, and sports riding, parachuting and so on. There are lots of dangerous things that people enjoy doing precisely because it's a bit (or very) dangerous. These things don't appeal to me very much, but obviously that do attract a lot of other people. As climbs go, I suspect that Uluru is one of the safer ones. I thought that a ban on climbing because it's a sacred site was a stronger reason, much like climbing on Buddhist ruins is banned in Thailand, although I think this reason also needs to be thought through carefully. If Doi Suthep had once been a sacred mountain to an indigenous group in norther Thailand, would that be a good reason to ban climbing today? Of course, the Aboriginal tribe to whom Uluru has long been sacred still exists, but I wonder how close they remain to their traditional beliefs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't agree with Peter, I think because everyone know climbing Mountain Everest is very dangerous,seldom common people climb it. Only some professional climbing athletes climb it and prepare for it adequately,such as experience guide and all kinds of equipment.Maybe it is relatively safe than a lot of common people who don't prepare for it climb the unknown mountain. If the administrators surveyed factor already before they issued the ban for climbing the Uluru, I think it is right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think climbing mountain is very dangerous expecially nonprofessional person. Every year, many adventured travelers died on the mountain. I think that It right for professional mountaineer not right for amateurs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, I think they are doing the right thing. Mountain climbing is one of the dangerous adventure. There are people who died from mountain climbing every year because of the steep of mountain. So I think ther are doing the right thing to prohibit people from climbing this mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think sports involving adventure are enchanting and challenging. however, it cause to be dangerous to you life and another case in other people also. And I suggest that it should have principles to protect everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.