Tuesday 3 July 2018

What I read

According to "Instagram apologizes for removing photo of two men kissing" (2018) by BBC, Instagram removed the photo of two gays kissing from instagram and they said that it was removed by mistaken “This post was removed in error and we are sorry. It has since been reinstated.”
The photo was posted by photographer Stella. It is a part of her photo sets for her exhibition this year. She said that many people sent her homophobic messages when she posted the photo “I am receiving many hate messages, saying that it's disgusting and that I should kill myself for posting that”. Stella said that she has no explanation from instagram why they removed the photo.
___________________________________ 

My response 

I think this photo shouldn’t been removed for just a photo of two men kissing. Instagram is an application to post the photo you want to show and individual people have their own interest. For me if you don’t like someone post, what you have to do is unfollow them not to spam the post and tell instagram to delete it. In my opinion, Stella’s photo is just a photo of two people kissing, not an offensive or illegal photo. You shouldn’t judge people only they are LGBT.
___________________________________ 

My question

What do you think about LGBT?
___________________________________ 

Reference

8 comments:

  1. I agree with you, social should give them a chance. I think being LGBT is nothing wrong because it's about feeling of a person. Nowadays I have seen a people who being a LGBT, just let them be they're choosing to be this way it's their choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, being homosexual is not different from being male or female, they were just born that way. In fact, scientists also observed homosexual behaviors in many animals other than human. So, it is kind of natural process, and has nothing to do with moral or immoral behaviors.

    According to the article, I believe that it was an accident deleting the photo, because Instragram might have a system that allows users to report inappropriate pictures and remove them automatically. Unfortunately, those users might be homophobic ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now many countries recognize LGBT and their marriage. I don't know why some people think that this kind of photo was offensive. LGBT just love people from the same sex, love is not wrong, so they are not wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LGBT still be one of the big problems in our world. In Thailand, marriage same sex is unacceptable by the law. However, I think LGBT are also human too. They deserve the right as same as every man and woman have. No one should be decreased their dignity just because of their sexual taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANd I think that means that the law is morally bad. This was the case in almost every country until recently, but happily it has been changing very rapidly over the past ten years or so. My own country only improved its bad old laws earlier this year.

      Delete
  5. Although I agree with Joint and the comments so far on her post, I wonder how far it should go. If the couple were naked, should they also be able to post that photograph? I think they should be allowed to post a nude photograph showing their love for each other, at least, that should be up to Instagram, not the government. I wouldn't want to post a nude photograph of myself, but if sexy young people, or even sexy old people, do want to do that, I can't think of any good reason to ban it. However, since it's a private business, Instagram should be able to set it's own rules for users.

    Actually, I've never used Instagram, although a couple of months ago, I did set up an account because one of my nieces was keen for me to do that. I still haven't posted a single photo to it, and I'm not about to start anything sexy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANd I like Joint's sensible suggestion that if you don't like looking at something, just don't look at it. It isn't necessary to stop other people from looking at it just because you find it offensive.

      Delete
  6. Todays, many countries in the world allow LGBT to marriage but I don't know why Instagram did. I think LGBT is not wrong, It about feeling between same sex, love is always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.