Thursday 17 May 2012

Google’s reality glasses

Google has launched a new technology that might change our dairy life. The project has known as “Project glass”. The technology behind glasses can make us see things more reality and there are many function that help us to live easy life.



According to “Google patents its augmented reality Project Glass design”, “wearable display device"(¶2) is the three patents new technology of Google product, it can characterize to futuristic glasses. The function is displaying data in front of wearer’s eyes, it’s showing image of different versions of augmented reality glasses. It’s can playing audio, listen to music, browse the website and also take photos. The prototype demo is produce in research lab, Google X. There are providing with a microphone and partly transparent tiny screen right above the user's right eye, and many function like smartphone. "There are huge opportunities for tailored advertising with augmented reality systems - especially if they have in-built GPS location tracking," Chris Green said. (¶13)

I am not the person who always catching the technology; on the other hand, I like to watch the futuristic movies that use a new technology such as MIB, Startrek, 007, tron etc. There are many new technologies happening every day, good and bad, useful and useless. But we have to choose which one is fit for you and what kind of advantage that you’ll get. As I read the another website, it’s has to wearing contact lens, and they’re developing contact lens by embedded electronics and can display pixels to person’s eye. The more advance technology becomes the sooner we can cure diseases and maybe it’s can reduce crime around the world.

I like this new product; I think it’s awesome. I can have everything within my glasses, even though glasses isn’t necessary for me now. If this product has launch, I will own it one. Many people on the Internet are talking about this product; they are waiting to see the real one same as me. I want to how much is it cost. If Google did something’s like this, I think sooner or later other companies will launch it. And the price will go down.

__________
References
BBC News-technology. (2012, May 15). Google patents its augmented reality Project Glass design. BBC News Retrieved May 17,2012 from http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18091697

10 comments:

  1. Wow! I like this item.It looks like some kind of advanced technology.And I want to have one hahaha.P'Ploy, thank you for writing this article.It makes me up-to-date in technological invention.

    I like your introduction.It's short but makes sense.Your opinion is really great.I also saw this kind of glasses from the movies too.I think it's fantastic if you can create something like this;-)In the past, this is what we dreaming about but now,we shake the world with our dream. I also agree that the price will go down when other companies launch this kind of technology.Hope that it will coming soon because I can't wait to try this new toy anymore lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. another thing,I like your picture.Even it has only a picture,it makes me happy every time I read your article.That woman is so cool!

      Delete
  2. I saw this product about 5 months ago. I think it is very interest produce, I 've imagined about such this kind if product but i think it would not become true. This product would help us a lot in daily life if it can do as it advertise. I also saw the clip in youtube(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6W4CCU9M4). That's amazing you can wake up with many applications that you can play with your glasses such as camera, call , msg , take note. You can do everthing without using your hands. I cannot wait to see it in the shop +++

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair,I like your video.It's cool!It's really good idea to share the video in your comment.

      Delete
  3. I like your blog post today, P'Ploy. I'm the one who usually don't know anything so much about technology. Your article tell me that there is already have something like this item in the world. It is a good product of Google. However, I quite not sure if I want to possess it because I think it might not suit me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here comes few questions about the pioneering technology, “wearable display device". First, ipad has been creating many "head-down" groups according to the News in Taiwan, so what will happen by the Super Cool Glasses? I think it will create more and more "eye-damage groups" which we just discuss before. Second, is it real good for us to rely so much on these technology? It remind me of one of my university professor had ever said that the future human being will look like ET (alien) who has bigger head and smaller body due to the evolution because these user-friendly technology make people become lazier, especially for the hands and legs. The head is the only part of our bodies we use frequently. This is why the ET theory came from, but I think it makes sense.
    Third, does technology make our life better? I remember I read an article about the country, Bhutan. There is a sentence says that many countries are attempting hard to develop their countries, but we don't. However,more and more countries starts to advocate environment protection nowadays. As we all know, people in Bhutan lead the happiest life in the world where people live without high technology.
    And what do you think? What kind of lifestyle you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rainbow Gaga, I don't want to be ET. I do agree with your points on advanced technology. It can lead both advantages and disadvantages to users. I think the better way for us is to be in the middle area. We can't live without high technology in this modern world; however, too much developed technology causes a big headache.
    N'Ploy, don't worry I'm the one who feel uncomfortable using high technology, but I keep my mind opened to learn it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another cool Google story in the BBC News recently was that "Google gets Nevada driving licence for self-drive car" from the US state.

    Our mobile devices are fast becoming seriously intelligent and able to hold intelligent conversations, our glasses are will soon be enhancing our vision, and now we can let the car do the driving. What will be left for humans to actually do in another 10 years? Is there a single thing we can do that a machine we make can't do better than we do?

    Is it time to read Philip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep again as suggested in a recent New York Times opinion piece?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard this news for a while. One advantage of this Google’s reality glasses is that it's multipurpose, you can use it to do many things; such as, taking photos, listening to the music, etc. without carrying any iphone or other gadgets, just wearing glasses. It's more convenient. Nevertheless, a drawback of this glasses is that it can be dangerous. For example, if you use these glasses while you are crossing the road, you may give too much attention on it ao that you don't aware of the car which is coming towards you. Another disadvantage is that if you have already had other gadgets; such as, iphone or ipod etc. you might not need these glasses because the functions are almost alike. In addition, another disadvantage is that for some people who don't know about this new fashion may think these glasses seems weird to wear on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obviously, one advantage of this google product is that it make your life easier and convenient. According to the video from Fair, one disadvantage to a person using this device is that it's no good if there is someone you don't want to meet around but this device let that guy know that you are here. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.