Friday 4 May 2012

Preventing a stroke

        

          Preventing a stroke

   A stroke is one of the most serious diseases in Thailand nowadays. Although many Thai foods have great properties to support our health, Many Thai people suffer from diabetes, hypertension, obesity, and that also make the ability to do work be lessen. These symptoms lead your body to get a stroke. Luckily, there are many ways that you can behave to decrease your rate of being a stroke.


 According to “Preventing a stroke”, the most effective ways to preventing stroke is below.” There is a great deal you can do to reduce your risk of having a stroke. In particular, you should take a close look at your diet, exercise and lifestyle”. (¶ 1) There are main factors that cause a stroke. The first factor, “smoking” the smokers tend to have this symptom twice a risk. The second factor, “Inactivity” also same as smoking “people who are physically inactive are at twice the risk than those who are moderately active”. (¶ 3) The third factor, “Alcohol” An Overabundant of intaking an alcohol also increase the risk of stroke. The fourth factor is a diet (junk food). The last factor, “weight” losing your weight will substantially reduce the risk of becoming diabetes and hypertension that are two main factors that cause a stroke. “Making healthy choices in your everyday life reduces your risk of a stroke (¶ 7) is an important thing that you should do.

          As you know that having a stroke is a really critical health problem. I have acknowledged many events that were related to a stroke. There are 2 events that I will never forget in my life. First event, About 8 years ago when I studied in primary 5,father of  my best friend name “chin” passed away by a stroke at age 60.That is a really bad news for him and also me too. Second event, 7 years ago when my aunt was visiting USA, He fell down on the footpath and my cousin reached him and found that he had a stroke. Be thankful for professional EMS in USA, they saved my uncle life. These events always tell me that don’t be careless in your life. Although I am young but I usually scare of being this symptom. I used to be the obese guy who was 85 kilograms. In that time my life was extremely distress whatever I did was so hard, even I just walking up to the second floor could exhaust me. Then I knew that something in my life must be change. I set up my goal to diet for my first time in my life. First thing that I did was imagined myself in moderate shape and told my parents for my plan (this is an effective way to diet, your parents will advocate you in many ways). Second thing, I did a list of dishes which I want to eat in a week so I could calculate the calories that I might receive also all of my dinning menus are fruits. Third thing I started playing badminton 2 hours a day and swimming 1 hour a day. I did all these things 3 months in a row, I lost my weight 10 kilograms. This revolution makes me feel more confidence of myself and also make me far from many diseases.
        From my experience of losing my weight cause me to aware of overweight. I really worry about weight of my father and mother, both of them are overweight. My father always has exercise every week so worry him less. I tell them about stroke and they understand what I’m trying to convey. They gradually change their life style by improving their diet. I suggest them to eat fruit and vegetables that help protect the blood vessels against atherosclerosis and warn them every time that they want to eat junk food. I persuade my mom to go shopping more regular though I haven’t get anything from shopping but can make my mom be exercised. My father and mother are not smoke and only drink alcohol when have a celebration. I think if they are still take care of themselve like this, a stroke couldn’t disturb them.
References
 Health-Preventing a stroke BBC News.

4 comments:

  1. But sometimes even doing everything recommended doesn't prevent it.

    My mother had a stroke on Christmas day last year - about the worst possible time to have one. Thankfully, it wasn't too serious, and five months later she is largely recovered, with only minimal memory and cognitive problems. When I talk to her now I usually don't notice any problem, except that she tends to mix names up, sometimes saying things about people that are a bit weird, but we can generally guess who she is really talking about, whatever name she uses.

    What I started to say is that my 82 year old mother has pretty much always done everything that Fair's source suggests: she smoked cigarettes only for a few years in her radical feminist youth (way back in the 1950s), only ever used alcohol in moderation, and no other drugs, always ate well, and has always been physically active, whether playing golf in her youth, later farming and running a large house, to her current daily gardening and lawn bowling, to which she has recently added taking long walks with her fat dog.

    Fair's suggestion might have some benefit for chubby Dotty, as I've already mentioned in my comment on Ploy's excellent post below.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Peter doing everything doesn't seem to prevent it at all but it is the best way to stop it. I'm sorry to hear that your mother had a stroke, I hope she will be completely healed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You remind me to think of my grandmother, I lost her 2 year ago because of stroke. She got stroke while she walked to toilet, and she collapsed in front of the toilet. Luckily, my aunt who slept with her in that night woke up and took her to hospital immediately. My grandma paralysed, and she passed away 1 year later. We have to do some excercise to get healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, my father also died from a stroke.
    He had a small one when he was 76, but recovered reasonably well and lived a slower but still active life for another four years, until he had a larger stroke at age 80 which killed him.

    I think it was the best way for him to die: quickly at home after a flourishing and active life right up until the day before. He hated being dependent on other people or causing any bother, and would have wanted to die if he had been left crippled or unable to care for himself. Thankfully, he was spared that indignity and did not have to ask his doctors to kill him. He was getting out of bed at 6:00 AM as always to start work when it hit him; he fell back onto his bed and was dead.

    Maybe my family has a genetic predisposition to strokes, but if it hits me when I'm already 80 years old, I think I will have done well.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.