Wednesday 9 May 2012

A similarity in a difference

Do you believe in hope? Personally, I think everything has a chance to occur in every area of our life. The statement that do not halt to fight until the final whist can prove that well in football. This sentence is so powerful and if you are the big fan of Premier League, you are feasibly certain that it is true.

According to "Ferguson and Mancini insist Premier League title not over", Sir Alex Ferguson, Manchester United Boss, hopes Queens Park Ranger will be able to help his team to obtain the title by stopping Manchester City from finishing the line because QPR now are fighting relegation and need a point to save their Premier Status (¶ 4), whereas Man City boss Roberto Mancini is not careless and says that it is not over and that his team has to make an effort to win a one game left.


As known, Premier League is one of the best football leagues in the world. There are many tought football teams, which makes it not easy for the team wishing to win the title, It demonstrates that the winner is the best team in England having most consistence for 38 games through out a year. For this reason, it seems reasonable that two teams on the lead have to compete for the championship until the final day of the season. However, from my perpective, no matter which team between Man Utd and Man City grabs the title, both of them already lost in this season (2011-2012). The reason why I think in this way because they both have not shown some good qualities that the champion must have, which I am going to expound in the following paragraphs.


For Man Utd, although I am a very big fan of them, I cannot turn a blind eye to their mistakes. The most succinct mistake they have done is that Man Utd failed to get a title when they have a chance. Last month, they had 8 points over Man City, which was the best opportunity. Moreover, Man Utd lost their credit that they are the best at having experience in moving forward to getting a cup. Also, they were defeated in all leagues they entered this year namely League Cup, FA Cup, UEFA Champion League and UEFA Europa League. Finally, what I think it is bad is that they changed their style of playing football. I believe that other red devils are not satisfied with this as well.


For the view that I have for Man City, the first thing that I think it should not be appropriate for Man City to do is to show their disharmony. Many football players in this team criticize one another via media. Also, Man City manager Roberto Mancini did something which I think is unacceptable and unprofessional is that he rebuked his player in public. Furthermore, their team members have had many scandals in this year, which is not a model for kids. The last reason is that the owner of this team invested a ton of money--I have a strong feeling that he should have not done that because it seems like that money can buy everything in the world, but I think Man City's result should be better than this.  


All in all, I would like to reinforce my standpoint that whether either Man Utd or Man City get a title, they already are debacles. And I hope they both will improve in the next season.

__________
References
Ferguson and Mancini insist Premier League title not over. (2012, May 6). BBC News. Retrieved May 7, 2012 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17977868

6 comments:

  1. Something that you might like to note is Note's correct use of quotation marks in his second paragraph and References list.
    What is the important difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My previous comment is a bit on the boring side, but to be honest, I know so little about football that I don't know that I can intelligently say much more.

    The only footballer I can name is David Beckham, and that for his underwear advertisements more than his skill at football. His wife's impressive heels at Prince William and Kate's marriage last year (or was it longer ago?) helped make another memorable Beckham image, although that fascinator on Princess Beatrice's head rather stole that show.

    But I'm happy for you to blog on anything on the BBC News that interests you. Note's sports post is a welcome addition to the growing range of topics for us to consider, criticise and respond to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Peter.
      By the way, I am also a big fan of David Beckham and he is a reason when I started to watch a football match many years ago.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First,I have to say that ,in my head, the world about football is so little.then, I won't give you any comments about this.although football isn't my interest,I'm still finishing reading your article.Do you know why?It because of your title!!!I love your title.It really attracts my eyes and makes me clicked to this article.But after I knew that it's about football,why i didn't go out?It because of your introduction.that's a good introduction.And yes is my answer.I believe in hope:-)

    I like your analysis.Even Man U is your favorite team, you still see their mistakes.I mean you told it with sincerely .Now,I don't have a lot of knowledge about journalism What I know is the journalist should be neutral when they criticize the news.And you can do it with great fully.One more thing that i want to say is I think that some picture will make this article more interest.What do you think?

    At last,I can't confirm you if this is a good article(but for me yes!!!).All I can say is this article can make the one who doesn't really like football read it.And that's what you should proud of:-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow !! Thanks for your attention, Cherry. Even though you are really not interested in football, after realising it, you still read it from the beginning to the end due to my introduction and title-- I love that reason ;)

      About making it more interesting by providing some pictures, I see your point and I believe it will. Therefore, I appreciate your suggestion and will find pictures properly as soon as possible. ^^

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.