Friday 7 August 2015

Appearing of Stradivarius violin

When I was a student at Chulalongkorn University, I had a chance to study “Music Appreciation” that made me know a lot of music instruments and classical music, which are composed by famous composers of several periods including cantatas (a choral composition) by Bach, “The Four Season” by Vivaldi, “Messiah” by Handel, and also various symphonies and chambers by Mozart. One of the most well-known musical instruments for Western music is violin (fiddle) – a four-string instrument with high pitch – that is given amount of popular from past to present.

Roman's daughters and Stradivarius violin
According to “Stolen Stradivarius violin found 35 years later,” Nina Totenberg, a virtuoso Roman Totenberg's daughter, is reported about discovering her father's lost violin, the world best with high cost of over ten times rise since he bought in 1943, which is fabricated by Antonio Stradivarius, that her father had played until it was burgled after a concert in 1980. Nina does glad of the finding, which once was stolen and became a heritage of a widow, and decides to sell it to an artist for charming voice performances although the instrument reminds her passed away father (2015).


Roman Totenberg's performance
on his 90th birthday
Evaluation of thing is distinguished by two criterions: society and individual mind. In term of society, valuable item is judges by cost which depends on quality and rareness in the same way as Stradivarius violin, the first-rate fiddle sound in the world which had been owned by Roman almost forty years. As a partner of renowned violinist, Stradivarius violin is not different from Roman’s arm, for him the value of Stradivarius is beyond price. Although the violin will be hosted by another artist, the adorable memory which is a part of the violin is alive in the daughter's hearts. Functioning as the purpose of violin should be better than keeping in a box for show.

Plentiful archaeological evidences, the national properties, are thieves around the world such as Pharaoh's treasure, the crown jewels of King John, the art of Mona Lisa and historical Buddha statue because of greedy for individual benefits. The obscured importance of these objects is not cost, however a subject matter of them through periods. The equipment, craft and also building are traces of local human culture and development. Governments should give people consciousness in meaning of them.

Created product, one of the most be violated the law, should be protected. The process of a result comprise of variety steps for instance a movie which starting from casting, fitting, playing, recording, announcing by way of publishing or a novel which come out from the author’s imagination and experience. A production spends a lot of money and intends in every paces so, we should support by stopping illegal trade, an inspiration and concentration decreasing factor. Consumers, besides, should be careful when pay for those goods and services. It might be the better in reminding adequacy and getting free from being a market victim.
__________
Reference
“Stolen Stradivarius violin found 35 years later”. (2015, August 06). BBC News. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33808012

12 comments:

  1. Still on my morning coffee, Poy had lots of ideas that made me think. The last one was last, so I'll start with it.
    I live on Silom Road, and often see the vendors at night selling a wide range of pirated goods. I sort of wonder what the people who buy these illegal CDs, DVDs, watches and so think. The buyers, just like those at Pantip Plaza buying illegal computer software and so on, are all thieves. They are stealing, as Poy explains, the hard work of other people instead of paying a fair price as determined by the market. Do people think that stealing is OK if they do it, or do they make up an excuse, like the bank robber who says, "I need a new car because all my friends have them"?
    Or is intellectual property theft OK for some reason I haven't thought of? If something like MS Office is useful to me, if I enjoy a DVD, it seems to me that that gives it value to me and I should pay the creators for that value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Peter. I had also studied at a school on Silom road for twelve years, so I memorized there. After class finished, I had to cross over the road and always saw a licence break down trading. At that time, I ignored and felt nothing because of usual. It likes a normal thing to get those stuffs with unlimited desire. One reason leading is that the buyers cannot afford in every commands; however, if I were them, I and my friends would alternatively purchase a legal one and share together (I mean watching or lending.) To confirm, I will not support an unfair marketing.

      Delete
  2. I totally agree that Intellectual Property right is important. Making Movie or creating a program are never easy. It take a lots of time and effort to complete. But the thai government's enforcement in this issue is still weak. I hope we can improve the standard soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! Someone said that Thai legals stand for punishing the poor not the illicit guys. Furthermore, I am really sorry for the lawful authorities such as cops, which always breaks down his/her consecrated power by corruption.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree that Intellectual Property right is important. Making Movie or creating a program are never easy. It take a lots of time and effort to complete. But the thai government's enforcement in this issue is still weak. I hope we can improve the standard soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also agree that intellectual property right is important. But nowadays, it seems to an unfriendly environment for those artists. For example, we can watch music videos on YouTube or download apps for listening music. Therefore, people do not need to spend any money for buying CDs, even if illegal CDs. That is why singers need to hold a concert or make a commercial for making money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your idea. I agree that a concert is one of earning channel; however, those free music applications are parts of strategic marketing should not include in an illicit because of licence. I'm not sure for the fact, the application organizer might pay to a music production for free user listening, and get income from advertising after the application is well-known. In the same way, YouTube might receive most payments from advertising which always appear on the page and before video running.

      Delete
  6. I also agree that intellectual property right is important. But nowadays, it seems to an unfriendly environment for those artists. For example, we can watch music videos on YouTube or download apps for listening music. Therefore, people do not need to spend any money for buying CDs, even if illegal CDs. That is why singers need to hold a concert or make a commercial for making money.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to learn "Music Appreciation" too :D I really like this subject, I still keep the notebook and the book of this class ^^.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Punn. We have surprising similarity, that's cool! I keep those knowledge stuffs too. Besides, was you a Singing for Theater student?

      Delete
  8. No, I'm not, but surprisingly we both have several similarities ^^.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.