Thursday 13 August 2015

Cats rule the world

I love cats, but unfortunately I cannot take care of them because I have an allergy to their furs; any way, it can be seen obviously that cats are one of the most favorite pets in the world and I wonder why nowadays there are a lot of cats videos on YouTube, including on Facebook. Why do they become more popular than other pets?

 According to “Why cat clips rule the internet” (2015), a recent scientific study shows that looking videos of cats can improve your mood. When Jessica Gall Myrick, an assistant professor from Indiana University, asked 7,000 people how they felt before and after watching the cats’ videos, the results found that people felt happier after watching those videos.

For me, watching something cute like cats or babies always make me smile and more relaxed, and I believe that it is not only me who feel like this, most people like watching the photos or videos which lead them feel less anxious. A few days ago, I read the news about a Japanese news program on television which brought the cats walking around the broadcasting room during the news reporters were talking about the political topics, they said this technique can relieve the audience’s’ stress and feel more comfortable to watch their program.

 It is a very good idea and the TV program can gain more rating; however, if we talk about the popularity of cats, some cats’ owners, who published their videos or photos, can gain a lot of money too. Moreover, there are some people getting an idea to do business about cats such as cat cafĂ©, cat spa, and cat stickers on LINE application, they made a big profit too.

 Supposing that there are not any social media to post the kitties’ photos and videos, will they still be popular?

__________
Reference

Why cat clips rule the internet. (2015, August 11). BBC News. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/33848745

19 comments:

  1. I have an allergy for their furs too. For me, I think cat is unpredictable. Unlike dog, you can't just train them. So, I prefer dog to cat as a my pet.

    However, I already watched that Japanese program and the cat does help to create relaxing feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice, is that a political debated program? Maybe, I read the news about that too.

      Delete
    2. Ice, once I prefer dogs, but I wonder why they always bark me, so I change my interest.

      However, little dogs are also lovely.

      Delete
    3. Poy, Yes. It's a political debated program. I think maybe you will want to watch it so this is the link https://youtu.be/-Ulj8j2plFA . I find it's very funny though.

      Delete
    4. LOL - I will watch that, thank you.

      Delete
  2. I see your point, Pun, but I don't think that letting a cat run around a studio is a great idea for news industry. Firstly, it will decrease a level of credit of those TV programs and their TV station. Moreover, the cat represent to relaxing which contradict with serious issue as politics. If an audience have to watch this only one day, I think it might be okay because people may get surprise when see something new, but for eveyday I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ling,

      I agree with you that people might surprising by this new idea at the first time, but audiences might be bored if the cat walks around every day.

      Delete
    2. Ling, it didn't think about it before, and I also agree with you that letting the cat walking every time is not okay for political programs.

      Delete
  3. I have friend in my University is the cats lover, one time I borrow his smartphone and watched on his Facebook. On his News feed page, there are a lots of cats fan page that he following are on his News feed and he always like photos that have cats, but not his friends photos.

    For me, I like cats with orange hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ter,

      I think that your comment is so interesting, it has made me laugh. XD

      Delete
    2. Ter, your friend is absolutely a cats lover, I think many people also have this behavior. We can see through the "ToonHua KhonhBhao" fanpage, which has tons of likes each photo/video of her cats.

      However, I still like the statuses of my friends too haha.
      Why do you like cats with orange hair, I remind of Garfield, the chubby orange cat.

      Delete
    3. I don't know why, but it is like a cute and attracted cats to me than others colors.

      Delete
  4. I read news of a political discussion program on TV of a country which including emcee, researchers and cat. The reason of this is to make audiences more relax as well as your article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, I hope the cats walking around the Thailand's Prime minister program too, it will be definitely more effective. :D

      Delete
  5. Not only does my family have several pets—now it remains only a lot of cats, but also I and other members of my family love to see online clips about dogs, cats, and other kinds of pets. Personally, I prefer a dog to a cat. However, when surfing the internet, I normally find and watch many clips about such pets’ behaviors or activities because they help me smile, laugh, relieve my stress from hard working and studying. Moreover, some clips also make me surprised and impressed in their capability which I’ve never seen before. For example, they can pretend to be dead or dance and the like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like dogs. I guess it's just from my family background. I don't particularly dislike cats, but my response to seeing all those cute images and things is a bit less cheery than many people's.

      Unlike scientific and moral issues, where if there is a disagreement at least one side is wrong, this just seems a personal preference to me. Or it it?

      Delete
  6. Hi Punn,

    I think that your appearance is look like a lovely girl who is really like cats and babies. :) I love cats and babies too, but I think that I can not take care of them very well. Actually, I have a poodle in Taiwan, but most of the time that it is my younger sister look after the dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like babies and children, but I'm glad I don't have to care for them permanently. I have great admiration for my brothers and sisters and friends who do a great job of caring for their children.
      Yesterday, as we do most weeks, I met up with a friend and his eight-year-old son, whom I've known since he was born. It was great fun, but I was also glad to say "goodbye" after a few hours. I also like doing things with my nieces and nephews, but I'm not sure that I'd cope very well with being their full-time parent.

      Delete
    2. Hi Joyce,

      Really?! Thank you, it seems that I look like a gentle woman. :) Actually, I also like watching some horror movies haha.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.