Wednesday 5 August 2015

Ling's academic interests

Marketing communication is a field that I have interested in since starting my bachelor degree. Many well-known commercial brands will not suceed in thier sales, if they do not use marketing strategies as their tools. It is undieniable that advertisment have signicant influence on consumer behaviour, changing thier habit to consume brand products or services. A common example for this is promotion at MCdonald. After a marketing team decided to use 'Minion' as ther presenter for happy meal set, its sales have increased dramatically because both children and teens want to collect minion figures, which have 10 different models. A pouplarity of minion among consumer leads them to buy more happy meal set even they do not eat it, and if all of them want all 10 models that means invidual have to buy 10 set.

6 comments:

  1. I also have a friend who is interested in Marketing strategies too. He likes to read many books relating to this topic and always tell me about what he have read. He also shares a lots of viral video that marketing team created and produced to promote their product.

    Sometimes I think that a good market strategies are not only help company to increase their profit but it also can improve their brand's value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ice
      I love reading in marketing topics too but I usually use online website such as marketingoops.com or positionmag.com for learning. Next time I will try to find some interesting like your friend do!

      Delete
    2. I forgot a word 'books" before interseting haha

      Delete
  2. Hi, Ling

    I went to MCdonald today for a drink because the cup had "Minion", but I got a normal cup which without "Minion" hahaha. I do not know why, the other people had the drink as same as me, they got "Minion" cups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I think may be you are a lucky person :)

      Delete
    2. haha I think may be you are a lucky person :)

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.