Wednesday 5 August 2015

Ice's academic interests

.
Environmental issue is the academic subject that I am interesting now because I think environment is important for not only human but for all creatures on this planet. I have read about conflict of interest between power plant company and the villagers in Western part of Thailand. Due to the fact that this power plant produce a lots of pollution, the villagers have to face many severe health problem such as lung cancer. Not only in Thailand that forest river and nature are destroyed to provide the profits. Many countries have the same problem and many policies are created to preserve natural resources for our next generation. One of the most well-known policies  is the Obama's clean power plan which was launched recently. This plan aims to decrease pollution that U.S.A produce.

4 comments:

  1. I sort of share your interest in environmental issues, but I don't really know a lot about them. I did read the titles of articles about Obama's new proposal, but I didn't read the actual articles, so I don't know what he's actually proposing.
    I think that the result of environmental concerns in developed countries is that they are now less polluted than in teh past. My own experience of Bangkok is that it's cleaner today than 25 years ago. Is this right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I agree ! Maybe because now we have more facility and equipment. People in Bangkok also improved their understanding in the importance of sanitary and health care.

      Delete
  2. Really, I am also interested in such an issue. Nowadays, I have seen a lot of news about conflict between supporters who want to propose a new power plant in some areas and local people living around there. Those people are concerned about the negative effects of the power plant which is projected to be constructed. However, no technology for producing power is absolutely perfect, but it is committed to preserve our world and make better life. Besides, it is obviously true that every country has also similar problems like Thailand as you said. Many natural resources and places need to be conserved.

    To suggest some ideas to decrease that conflict, I think they should discuss and share their own point of views and then propose the win-win solution. And, I hope that things will fall in to place soon.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.