Wednesday 19 August 2015

Unexpected explosion in Bangkok

Have you ever face some situations that are unexpected - an unusual and impossible story likes a novel or a movie – of which you seem ignore and don't memorize before it happens much? An extremely good or bad experience which might make not only someone's existence but also the person’s family change forever; for examples, winning the first price lottery, getting a big amount of heritage; on the other hand, going bankrupt and being cheated by an admire person.

The Erawan Shrine
Source: www.novotelbangkokploenchit.com
According to "Bangkok bomb: Deadly blast rocks Thailand capital" (2015), a TNT bomb was exploding at the Erawan Shrine – an attractive holy place especially Chinese – on Ratchaprasong road where was full of Thais and National tourists at that time caused at least 19 people died added over 120 were injured. The purpose of this weapon which damaged around 30 meters far from a target point that had never appeared in Thailand before, is not only to stage an uprising but also to kill a crowd of people; in addition, there were two more artificial bombs nearby.

Upon the worst situation at the center of Bangkok with fear, sad and anxiety, admired people were helping each other without tiredness. I realized from sharing and reporting in generosity and helpfulness of them; for examples, doctors and medical officers backed to hospitals immediately when they knew the news and worked all night, using language volunteers went out from their home to be interpreters for the injured-tourist communication, over four thousand blood donators go to the Thai Red Cross Society although my brain was controlled by Sadness, Fear and Anger – three main characters from an animation movie Inside out. I do really respect them and proud to be Thai, to live in the public interest society.

On that day before the TNT exploded an hour I passed through the way because the location is not far from my house. It seems I am lucky several times. Once I memorize is the unexpected experience happened in my school. It was a morning Friday of ten years ago, when was a grade 8 student, a schizophrenia woman trespassed in a building and stabbed students in front of my classroom where my seat is the nearest. I was a lucky one who went to the school lately because of strange incidents. While I was finding my athletic shoe ropes, my father drove out because he thought that I already got into the car, then a dog barked at me that I could not go inside the transport a moment and that day was heavy traffic jam. I remember that I saw a student was carried to the hospital next to my school, and a pool of blood which I though that it was poured red drink Hale's Blue Boy in front of the class. There were also parents and teachers took long umbrellas and walked around the school to find the criminal. By the way, all of the attacked students are safe, that woman is arrested but I don’t know her punishment. As this happen, the school increases a security policy of visitors and time.

No one knows the last day of own life. Any accident may appear all the time. I may in luck previous but who know which day my name will be queued in the list of death so, “If you live each day as it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right” (Steve Jobs).
__________
Reference
"Bangkok bomb: Deadly blast rocks Thailand capital". (2015, August 17). BBC News. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33963280

12 comments:

  1. As I read Poy's post, I was thinking how very random our lives are. The course of my own life has been marked by accidental, certainly unplanned, events that have turned out to have large and unexpected effects. For example, I ended up in Thailand because of a chance comment by a friend in Australia many years ago, who, in response to a comment I'd made about travelling overseas, said, "I reckon you're mad if you don't." He probably forgot this immediately. But it tipped me from a vague interest to a decision to act. And the one or two years travel I initially planned turned into decades. Other equally unplanned events, some good, some bad, have had similarly drastic effects on the course of my life.

    I also had a response, sort of related to the above, about the women with schizophrenia that Poy tells us about. In fact, I remembered reading about that story at the time, although I'd long forgotten it until Poy's post reminded me. But perhaps someone else will follow up that interesting philosophical issue about justice and punishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter for sharing. I also worry about my life because I don't know what my favourite career is. As yours, I'm glad that you come to be our teacher in Thailand and give us a lot of knowledge. I respect the way you do and don’t easily cancel it.

      I seem young at this age to have a lot of time finding what I want, but time also run without tired that make me worry about the future. By the way, I will do my best for all the things that I can do now.

      As your suggestion, I find news point out that the woman had been treated in a hospital. Then, she was punished as the judgment.

      Delete
    2. Hi Peter,

      I agree with you that our life has many unexpected changes that we cannot predict it, but I believe that everything has the meaning for us and it is the only thing to happen in our life. So I always tell myself that do not worry about the future, everything will be fine if we follow our passion.

      Delete
  2. I think Thai people seem to harmonize when there is a trouble. No matter it's natural disaster such as tsunami or flooding or just like this tragedy, we get together and share generosity. It would be great if we continue to stick together like this when there is no trouble.

    About the woman who stab student, I heard that this woman was released after spent 4 years in prison and accepted mental health treatment. She claimed that she did it because the voices in her head told her to kill children who come from rich family. Moreover, she even gathered information about those girls to make sure that they are all wealth before committed the crime. I knew that we have to open our mind and give people a second chance, but it make me anxious when thinking about having such people (who really commit a crime, not just only sick) roam freely in our society.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you and feel warmth in the situations. Although they’re full of sadness, I can smile because of generosity.

      Actually, she followed a girl from my school but not the victims then implied that all of us are wealthy. I also agree that we should open mind and I can forgive to this woman because everyone still alive. However, if the evident was different, I was not sure that I could.

      Delete
  3. I think Thai people seem to harmonize when there is a trouble. No matter it's natural disaster such as tsunami or flooding or just like this tragedy, we get together and share generosity. It would be great if we continue to stick together like this when there is no trouble.

    About the woman who stab student, I heard that this woman was released after spent 4 years in prison and accepted mental health treatment. She claimed that she did it because the voices in her head told her to kill children who come from rich family. Moreover, she even gathered information about those girls to make sure that they are all wealth before committed the crime. I knew that we have to open our mind and give people a second chance, but it make me anxious when thinking about having such people (who really commit a crime, not just only sick) roam freely in our society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This situation remind me to think of the death too. Many times I also thought that human is easy to die, we are too fragile to bear with the dangerous things.

    However, it also make me more careful and conscious what am I doing today and what are we gonna do tomorrow or in the future to make me feel glad after I die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Punn for your response. I do hope to do my best each day. I curious we can feel after death. (Just kidding, I don’t want this too serious.)

      Delete
    2. Hi Punn,

      I have the same thought with you. Yes, most people fear death that included me. But, I think that death is our best teacher to teach us how to keep an awareness and concentration in our life. If people can live forever that it is hard to image how will we feel precious about our life.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What regretful news!

    After this explosion had happen at Erawan shrine, not only it caused the death of many virgin victims as well as a lot of injured people, but also it made people living and tourists in Bangkok worried about the terrorism. When I commute to anywhere, specifically in the area nearby Ratchaprasong, I really feel unsure and dread of any bomb explosion by terrorists. I remembered that the day after serious blast when I heard loud sound like stuff falling into the metal ground during going back to home, I was really frightened even though this was not a bomb. This makes me more realize and understand the feeling of who lives in three southern border provinces and often faces with violence situation. Their living is very pitying.

    On August 18, Tony abbot—the PM of Australia—said in parliament that “Australians should continue to go to Thailand because the object of the sorts of people who let off bombs in crowed cities is to scare us form being ourselves and we should never be cowed or intimidated by that." I support his idea because if people are not too panic about this incident and could live as usual, everything would gradually fall into place.

    My sincere condolences go to the family and relatives of all victims.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Feem, you remind me to those value lives in the three South provinces of Thailand. Actually, not only in Thailand where has war but also many countries around the world. Some of them are fighting war from different reasons including religious, other are living war that are caused by diseases, insufficient sources, unfair rules etc. Condolence.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.