Thursday 24 May 2018

A place in memory

During our life, there is a special place that we knew or have been there before and it become our favorite place to go but when the time passed, we may missed that place and want to visit it again.

The high school I studied and graduated from is a place I usually missed it because it reminds me of friends in my class and from other class about what we have done together. We are also missed teachers who have been taught us when we were their students, Even I have been studied there for six years but I still remembered most of the teachers that have teach me. So one day, my friends and I decided to visit the school on the first day of the semester.

Once we arrived, we walked around and greet many teachers that we found. Almost every teacher ask the same question and it is about an university and they also wish us luck about the path each of us choose. During the time we have visited teachers, it was also a lunchtime for student so we waited for our juniors at the park near the football field which is the place we always went after having lunch to played a trading card game and chatting together.

When our juniors arrived, I was really surprised because I thought they will not come to the park because none of them played trading card game anymore but in the end they still come and shared about their life during the day to each other.

In our life there must be one place that you keep missed it and want to visit it again.

3 comments:

  1. I went to my high school yesterday to meet my sisters and brothers code and also met my friends. I miss the days we studied, did activities together. I wish I have good friends like these in university.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I've thought about it sometimes, I haven't been drawn back to my old high school yet, although I have revisited my old primary school a couple of times. It has changed enormously since I was there in the late 1960s with my class of seven students taught by one ageing nun.

    I wish Ins had given more details: when was he drawn back? How many friends did he go with? What was the high school? Where is it? And what do students do today instead of trading cards?

    The card trading also interested me. That reminded me of a fad when I was in primary school and bubble gum came with cards of pop stars - at the bus stop after school, the kids from my Catholic school and the nearby public school bought bubble gum and eagerly traded cards as they tried to get complete sets of The Monkees, The Beatles and other popular groups from that time.

    It was fun being reminded by Ins of those days from half a century ago. (Yes, I really am that old.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You remind me that I haven't been visiting my old high school in Chiang Rai Province where my hometown is, for long time. it's just because I don't have time for visiting them. So now I feel like missing them, my teachers, my ex-classmates, school building which I am trying to remember.

    I think this is quite important thing to remember that because we all have been studying and spending our time in the school either primary or high school for more than ten years. So, that is the reason that makes us feel missing the old school in the past.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.