Thursday 10 May 2018

Infinity War: Avengers cast get matching tattoos

What I read

Avengers castAccording to “Infinity War: Avengers cast get matching tattoos” (2018), five stars from a film franchise known as Avengers got matching tattoos to celebrate their successful hit on "Infinity War" The tattoos differently adapted from the Avengers logo were inked on the skin of Robert Downey Jr, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans and Jeremy Renner. Only Mark Rufferlo who portrayed the Hulk, did not get the tattoo with this galaxy. The tatoo artist on this occation was Josh Lord who gave each of actors exactly the same ink. Before this cast, there were some star teams who want this kind of remembrance such as The cast of Lord Of The Rings, Suicide Squad, 13 Reasons Why and Game Of Thrones
___________________________________ 

My response 

When you have a company to do things, it is always much easier even the permanent decision like tattoo. The tattoos on this Avenger group were not a big one but quite exposed on their arms (I saw the Iron Man got inked on his armrest). Although the tattoos seem to be just a gimmick of the celebration, it is by a good cause as their big success, so it probably reminds them the great joyful moment after decades pass. I think if somebody decided to get a tattoo, the reason or the purpose of it must have be permanently good, such as beneficence, unchangeable success and happiness, as much as the quality of tattoo. 
___________________________________ 

My question

On what possible occasion/purpose would you want to get a tattoo?
___________________________________ 

Reference

  • Infinity War: Avengers cast get matching tattoos. (2018, May 9). BBC News. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-44053528

6 comments:

  1. As I read her response, I was wondering what, for example, Kan has done in company that she would not have done without it, or what she did not do because there was no company to join her.

    I was also wondering what readers, and the writer again, think of tattoos generally? In Australia, they are common today, although I think a lot of the tattoos that people get are silly, such the name of popular TV series or a meaningless cartoon chosen from a book when drunk at the tattoo shop. On the other hand, some people put a lot of thought into these permanent reminders, such as one of my nieces, who has far more than I do, but which all work together as a carefully planned piece of artwork. I don't think she has ever regretted her extensive tattooing, although my sister, her mother, was not so thrilled by it.

    And of course, tattoos have a long history in many cultures, going back thousands of years to symbolize coming of age and the like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I would do in company and would not do without it would be some tough activity like hiking or one shaking my nerve like dancing in public. Dont you think those need an ally?

      Anything risky to get humiliated, dead or regrettable need to be shared so that the bad outcome reduce to half when it happens, however, if it turn out to be awesome, it is double.

      Delete
  2. It should look a beautiful picture arts that show the their own cultures and show how that people like to do the tattoos. In other hand, some people like to have the tattoo because of their love which put their both first letter of each on any part of your skin to show that you're both love each other very much.
    If we talk about tattoo, it makes me think of Japanese people who are very popular with having tattoo. I have a tattoo too but I didn't really have to have but just because of my friends who was open the tattoo shop then he wanted to try to do tattoo on his first time tattoo when the first day he opened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might not have volunteered to let my friend practice on me, but I've never regretted the tattoos I got many years ago. I also liked the ideas about getting body ink with cultural significance. Mine are actually in languages that I've studied and an idea from a piece of mediaeval art that I like.

      Delete
  3. It is very very difficult for me to select one pattern, symbol or picture which is going to be with me for the rest of my life. I might die before I can pick the right one. I feel very uncomfortable with having something that I cannot change. Of course, getting tattoo can define who we are, what we believe and group we belong to. But, I feel like those elements change all the time. When we were young, we might believe in something. But when we grew up, we might believe something which is very different from what we used to believe. There are many people who can choose the right tattoo to go with. Unluckily, not me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and I think many people get things for reasons that don't last long. I thought about it for months before I got mine, and since they are based on very long term passions, and ancient works, they are not passing fads from popular culture (the "newest" is based on 1,000 year old work, and the others are much older.)

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.