Thursday 24 May 2018

Golf club nostalgic

I have just found old pictures of me when I was a baby and child while I was clearing my home to renovated. The most pictures of our family were taken at the golf club "Pinehurst". In the pictures, My parents were at an early forties and me were just about six months old. I was drawn back to the nostalgic memory that I was there enjoyed a quality time with my family. I always thought that the golf club was in countryside; however, recently I just realized that it was not I thought.

When I was a child, I remembered my parents usually went on vacation with our close relatives whether went to another provinces or abroad. My father was playing golf back then, so he took us to the golf club at the weekend. We sometimes had a night over at the golf club. The place was filled with green grass and the air was so refreshing like we were in Khaoyai. The atmosphere was tranquil and relaxing. I remembered that I had picnic with my brothers and sisters and playing swing together. Although my memory wasn't crystal clear but the pictures told stories and reminded me of the good old days. I was always looking for a family trip like this once again.

Only a few years ago that I went on the Vipawadee road headed to the north of Bangkok, I just noticed that the golf club "Pinehurst", where I usually went when I was a child, was on my left; located in the Rangsit neighborhood. Only a few kilometers from my home. I was disappointed that it was here because I had always thought that it was far away from Bangkok as my memory remembered sitting in the car for long time. I quickly pointed to my older sister that our favorite holiday spot was just closed to our home and that also surprised my sister as she thought that it should be farther than this. This was the time I realized that when you were just a child, you will think that the world is so big and everything seems enjoyable and pleasing because you were naive. But as you grow older, you will find that everything is so reachable, possible and sometimes not as perfect as you were expected. Undoubtedly, most people tend to seek for an extraordinary and exciting things to fulfill their life.

1 comment:

  1. Ins's post had already reminded me of my old primary school and the town it is on the edge of, and Orn's ideas stimulated by a visit to the Pinehurst Golf Club reminded me of the same thing. When I started school, it seemed a long way, but was really only about four kilometres - the bus trip can't have been more than five minutes, and if my mother was driving me to school, it was probably closer to three minutes.

    By the time I finished year six, I sometimes rode my push bike to school. That was fun, but not exactly exhausting. I don't even know if the old school buses are still running. Reminiscing as I read Orn's and others' writing here has made a enjoyable late morning coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.