Thursday 24 May 2018

Protesters in front of my school.

Recently, I have heard about social movement and protest that mainly about democracy and election in Thailand, this reminded me of the worst day when I was studying at Satriwithaya school.

I studied middle school at Satriwithaya school, which is located in front of democracy monument. During 2013 and 2014, there was a group of protesters called themselves KPPS who wanted Yingluck Shinawatra, the prime minister at that time, to be fired out due to a corruption. Unluckily, my classroom was on the nearest building to a stage of protesters which there was loud noise all the time, to be honest, I couldn't concentrate on studying as I could. Unfortunately, the most horrible day came when there was a gun shot in front of my school, the school immediately allowed students to go home. My mother suddenly walked to pick me up, while we were out of the school we saw a strike between protesters and police in front of the route we have to walk through, it was frightening and I was crying, so my mother decided to go back to the central of democracy monument which we got some help from journalists. After protesters and police were gone, we went to through the route safely.

Two months ago, I visited the school and nothing has changed, but there were no protesters in front of the school like four years ago, which is a good news. I suggest protesters find a new location which does not affect other people.

2 comments:

  1. The protest Chatt experienced sounded horrible and disturbing. I also have a similar problems when I was in a lecture room in the university. There was a student's band. I don't know exactly about them. They seemed to practice singing or maybe rehearsed for some event outside the building in which my classroom was. They kept singing only one song which is Mai Bork Ter (by Bedroom Audio) for more than one hours. The singer's voice was just too much clear and is more like shouting. The rest of the day after the class, I felt like I was attacked and the lyric of the song annoyingly ran in my head

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story reminds me of my experience when there was a protest in Ratchaprosong area. I was working at Central World and there were mob of yellow shirt camped and shut down the area for one month. I had to go to work everyday but the traffics were bad and we all have to aware of bad situation. But, luckily there was no violence during the protest. However, there was a good thing too. I really enjoyed the local food from Southern and free food there. I remembered going down from my office for free lunch many times with my colleagues and that help save our eating cost!

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.