Thursday 8 July 2010

Arising from Reflections on Petch's post on TOEFL

Most of my reasoning for the suggestion below is in the series of comments I just left on Petch's latest post (2010),  where I did exactly what I am now going to suggest that you do in future:

  • make at least two comments here at least once every day.
    But popping by twice is probably about twice as good. 
  • decide what you want to say, and then
  • write for at least five minutes without stopping.
    State your idea, and then continue. It doesn't matter if you drift around a bit, but write more than one short, informal sentence. 
  • if possible, get into an argument and pursue it
And that is pretty much what I did. I read Petch's post. Had an idea. Wrote it down, and then continued following it up without stopping.
After I stopped, I had another idea, so wrote that one down in a very short, informal comment.
And that led to another idea, and another comment at greater length.
And then yet another short one about something else that occurred to me.

For more information, follow the reference to my source below. Petch has written another thought provoking post, though perhaps not as controversial as the one on polyamory.
__________
References
Petch. (2010, July 8). The art of failure. Class Blog - AEP at AUA. Retrieved July 8, 2010 from http://peteraep.blogspot.com/2010/07/art-of-failure.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.