Monday 5 July 2010

Paris Metro and Bangkok MRT



If you have an opportunity to travel elsewhere in the world which place would you like to visit most? Me,like everyone, I have many places in my mind but one chosen choice is Paris. Besides, the capital of couture fashions, cultural and architecture must be the second thing that we think about it. The subway in Paris maybe the one of busiest metro system in the world, by carring more than 4 million passengers a day. More than a century, that the first line was built, and it make the art nouveau archway style to be the landmark for the Paris Metro.


website, for the first part, he revealed the story from the book Paris Underground: The Maps, Station and Design of the Metro that metro was designed by the young creative architecture named Hecture Guimard. And the idea of this building thing was the lace wrought iron that look like the plant grow, the organic-looking form, was very advanced for its time. The contrast of the ornaments at Metro's entrance make the city's surrounding look very natural. So the Metro are very unique. Because of the World War II, the dozen of stations were to be used as bomb shelters and now they still was not opened to use. For example, at the St. Martin station, Phantom Station, closed for 60 years, but there are the enamel poster that was left since that time. And then the article relate the story to the boy who fond of the Metro and next how the the busiest system work.


After I read this article I think it's not a good idea to summarize the article that has many points or details to read. Atually the title is not my choice, a half content of the artitle that is what I interested in. Which I think that it is very surprised me that there are some stations that they don't use it and they still keep it like the original one. So we can learn or know something from the past just like the enamel advertisement in the station there. Finally, I think about my country how we would have a very beautiful metro.

________


References
Lyden, J. (2010) Secret Stations and Boyhood Love the Paris Metro . NPR. Retrived July 5, 2010 from http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128249155

6 comments:

  1. Nid,
    I agree that your summary need only include what is important for your response.

    Why is Nid's idea here the right one?
    Or would you like to disagree with us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, finally human need natural. When the civilization go to peak it will return back to the basic of natural like a circle. The concept of green think is very famous and it spread to all around the developing country. For my idea, if man stay far away from nature, it will be danger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with P'Nid's idea. Sometimes, I'd like to choose the article in the terms I like even the article originates some new ideas for me that I'd like to express and hear the sharing ideas form others. Thus, we should select the part you are interested that's enough.
    I'd like to go to Paris. Lot of distinguished architects, architectures there fascinate me especially for The Arc de Triomphe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peter,
    I don't think would anyone disagree with you, no matter what they are still unclear something. I'm glad that I can only include what I want. Maybe because it influenced me to think and write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taey,
    Thanks to support my idea. And that's right, I think it's a good way to choose what we are interested in.
    I'd like to go Paris also, and Lourve is the first place that I want spend time there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paris! that sounds romantic and beautiful. I think it is one of the most dreamt about country of all time. Before anything else, I also agree with p'nid that we should choose only parts that we are interested(particularly because I sat next to you when you were reading the article and I can tell how too long it is). About the article, i wish MRT of our country should employ this kind of creative idea. As we know, art can elevate people's mind and positive thought. Therefore, it would be great if we can easily see the form of art as a part of daily life. Maybe there are more sympathy and friendly smile especially in the rush hours.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.