Friday 2 July 2010

The good intention with unaware cost

Carbon emissions and the world populations quantity issues have been discussed for quite some times. But how important of one to the other, I was not very clear about it. After I read "Earth is too crowded for Utopia" from BBC news website, I have a better understanding, and it made me think about the present situation, and may be not much related but there is something in common, a very fresh project from Abhisit's government.


According to the article, the writer tells us about how the global population affect to carbon emissions and world climate. He gives a particular example showing that the 10,000 delegates, attended the Montreal Summit on the control of carbon emissions, is too much for the conference. Although the conference was a historic success, there is too much of carbon emissions from transportation and accommodation for this conference arrangement. The writer concludes that the carbon emissions problem will never been effectively solved, unless the main issue which is global population management, is taken in to the consideration.

Firstly,in the carbon emissions and world climate issue, I agree with the writer that we should think about the global population more serious to ensure that every aspects are addressed, not just part of the problems. Moreover, his example has some points that catch my mind, brought me think about the project “6 days 63 millions thoughts” reforming Thailand. In principle, the intention is acceptable (without personal bias on any hidden political opinion and hidden agenda). However, I am doubtful when it has come to the procedure and the result. I am not very sure on the quality of the answer that we will get from government on how to “reform the country”, will be worthy of many resources that need to use for this project.
_________
References
Rapley, C. (2006, January 6). Earth is too crowded for Utopia. BBC News. Retrieved July 1, 2010 from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4584572.stm

63วัน 63ล้านความคิด ร่วมปฏิรูปประเทศ [6 days 63millions thoughts to reform Thailand]. (2010, June 28). Reform Information Center Thailand. Retrieved July 1, 2010 from http://www.thaireform.in.th/news-national-strategy/1433--6-63-3-.html

10 comments:

  1. You did it really fast, P'Nid. *O*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very fast.
    Could I suggest that you edit to move your title to the title field?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the formatting is a bit weird and hard to read, especially for people using Internet Explorer.

    What caused the problems? (I mean, what did you do?)
    What's the solution? (I mean, what shouldn't we do, and why?)

    (I can correct it for you; but after we're all clear about what has happened.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I'm really curious how you came to be reading a BBC News article from 2006. It's not exactly from yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. - I wrote in microsoft word then copy and paste in google chrome. Now I am trying to fix it.

    - Sorry, actually it is quite late, as my turn was yesterday :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peter,
    I got it from the top story on that section. Actually, I started writing before I checked the 1st published date. I was thinking to change the article but I think the idea of the article is still quite contemporary. Last year, I watched a news report about Climate Conference in Copenhagen 2009, the issue of pollution, carbon emission from the conference was still being reported. Importantly, the example in the article really hit me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh....sorry sorry. Honestly, I didn't sarcastic but I make a big mistake. I tought that this is P'Nid's writing. Soooooo sorryyyyyyy naaaaaaaaa. (^/\^")

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natt, re July 2, 2010 8:28 PM
    Thanks for your reply to my question about the problem with the formatting, which is exactly what I expected.

    The easiest way to fix it is:
    1. copy and paste the entire post into Notepad. That will strip out all of the formatting.

    2. open your post to edit again (click the pencil icon)

    3. go to "edit HTML" view (click the "edit HTML" tab at the top right)

    4. select and delete EVERYTHING

    5. go back to "compose" view (click the "compose" tab at the top right)

    6. YOur title is fine now. Leave that.
    from Notepad, copy all of the text and paste it in to the now empty post field.

    7. YOu then have to go through and apply formatting and redo the links, but there will be no weird formatting inherited from MS Word or elsewhere.
    _____________

    Thanks for taking so much trouble over this.

    I will refer to our comments here in a post I'll write later this evening or tomorrow. I think that they are instructive.

    I'm going out now, so won't check back for a bit. If you have any problems, don't worry. We can work them out later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natt, re July 2, 2010 9:18 PM,
    Thanks for the information. I was wondering how you came to be reading such an old article, but it's a perfectly good article to blog on.

    I enjoyed reading your response, and have a few ideas of my own on the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peter, re July 2, 2010 9:38 PM

    Thank you. It works well.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.