Saturday 21 September 2013

BEER AND YOUR WAIST

Do you love drinking beer? Have you ever heard about the quote that if you take much of beer, you will be potbellied?
After playing around and getting lost in BBC News website, I found some interesting article "What causes a beer belly?"


According to article, beer itself is quite high calorific stuff which one unit of beer contains around 150 calories. To enjoy more with beer,
we ate crisps and other foods which contains calories itself with drinks. Moreover, gender and age are the factor that cause a beer belly espically men who tend to put their weight on bellies mainly .

This article remind me of my senior who love to drink beer and any other alcohol drink. i knew him for many years and his shape is still quite thin even each meeting he drink much of beer. I have though that he maybe the exeption of the beer and bellies theory. I read many article about beer.Some people say beer have adventage espicially for your heart and not effect your waist, while a lot of persons still believe that beer is not good for health.As for me, I still wonder which theory is true because i have seen example from both theory.

Personally, I am not the beer lover but i like the tast of beer and still want try many styles of that. I think the greatness of beer is only when is cool enough and only just first glass to second glass. If someone drinks more than that size he just fullfills his stomach  and wastes up money and beer. Nevertheless, i do not feel this style of drink is too bad. I am the one who enjoy drinks a tower of beer in order to enjoy with my friend and a party.

However, I think some teenagers drink beer or other alcohol stuff just because they think that they are cool men. They drink it to show that they can so that they can be accept by the groups of their friends. Sometimes I wonder that do they know the difference of taste between each beer band.

Anyway, I remember my friend's father statement. He says that i can drink as much as i want but do not let these stuff drink you - do not let yourself get drunk.


Reference

What causes a beer belly? (2013, September 20), BBC News Future, Retrieved 2013, September 21, from http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130920-what-causes-a-beer-belly

All Good Things Must Come To An End (2012, October 30) , DIYBeer, Retrieved 2013, September 21, from http://www.diybeer.co.za/

9 comments:

  1. I used to drink beer because I want to have more weight, but as you've stated, After 2nd glasses of beer I felt like I wanna gag if I keep drink it more, so I stopped this idea. Personally, I do like Vodka more especially green apple favor by Smirnoff and Raspberry by Absolute Brand. I think the attraction of drinking alcohol is a happy moment that we spend to dance like crazy with friends and loud noises surround us which make us forget everything and just dance. Do you like dancing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's positive, pro-drug statement, and it sounds right: I think this is a major reason why so very many people use recreational drugs like alcohol, yaa baa, marijuana and heroin.

      I'm guessing that Four agrees with me that the sale and use of drugs should not be illegal for adults. But since no one has disagreed on Alston's "The invisible killer: fat", perhaps everyone agrees with this.

      Delete
    2. Smirnoff green apple favor is my favorite one. I agree with P'4 about attraction of drinking alcohol. I am not good at dancing but i love the beat. haha

      Delete
  2. Unlike Four, I never drink beer. It's a bit odd, because Australians are supposed to be great beer drinkers. I don't think I've drunk beer, ever, since I left university decades ago, and even then I only drank it to be sociable with friends in the uni. pubs. I much preferred, and prefer, a glass of wine, especially a nice red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't know much about wine. i think wine is not diliciouse itself but has a good taste when we drink it with the right stuff like red wine with meat.

      Delete
  3. Your post is very interesting even if I don't know a lot of beer. I think, between two theory that your are wondering, it may good if we drink the beer appropriately, not too much or not a little. Beer may protect our bodies for cold or make our health better, but in the other hand, if we drink it too much it may make our health worse too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can't agree more. that is the nice way of enjoy alcohol stuff.

      Delete
  4. So should all of the other popular recreational drugs of addiction that adults like to use also be legal to buy and sell?
    Why or why not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tasted beer but have not drink it. For me, it taste is very bad compare with other liquor. I think drinking a lot of beer is one factor that make people fat; however there might be other factors such as genes, lack of exercises or unhealthy style of eating that can affect our shapes or bodies.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.