Friday 20 September 2013

Easier life for diabetic

Diabetes is one of the diseases that many people are facing with, it does not seem to be as dangerous as other diseases but it can seriously damage our lives. How can our lives be better if we can know real-time blood sugar level ?

In the article, "Mobile app to manage diabetes and athletic performance", Simon states that a new personal health monitoring system, which is being trailed by diabetic athletics, can report real- time blood sugar level via their mobile phone and also send that data to the specific team who does the research. This technology can help people manage their lives by real-time warning.

Diabetic athletes are trialing this technology.
I think this technology is wonderful. It can help people with diabetes to have easier life. They do not have to worry that their blood sugar level will be higher than maximum or less than minimum because they can see it all the time via their mobile phone. Now, this technology can tell the blood sugar level immediately. In the near future, it might tell many things not only blood sugar but also blood pressure or cholesterol level and so on. It will help a lot of people who have health problems know their body's status. Moreover, this will help people, not only someone who has sickness but also healthy people, to manage their diets or activities. For example, they will know how their blood chemical level change when they eat oily or veggie food in order to choose which one is good for their health, and about activities if they know the result of each activity, they can decide which activity is suitable for them. 

When I first saw this article, I think of my father, who has diabetes. It might not seem very dangerous but it is the cause of other diseases. I try everything to help him but it is not success because I do not have any evidence to proof that what he is doing is not good for himself. Therefore, this technology is the perfect answer for me and many people who concern about their health.
______
Reference
Redfern, S. (2013, September 11). Mobile app to manage diabetes and athletic performance. BBC News Science & Environment. Retrieved September 19, 2013 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24051748

14 comments:

  1. I agree that this technology helps diabetic patients to live easier than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your response.

      Delete
    2. by the way, you should set your profile picture na ka Radee! :)

      Delete
    3. It's up to you, but I do agree with Four that a profile picture isn't a bad idea.

      I'm sure that Blogger, and perhaps your Google account, is new to some of you, and therefore perhaps a little confusing, so please feel welcome to experiment and try things out. When you are comfortable with how Blogger works, you can focus on the reading and writing.

      Delete
  2. Surprisingly, this apps so awesome. in term of checking blood sugar has to checks by draw some blood, but no more pain for diabetics clients anymore, and too convenience to monitor their own health. I hope that it's will be public sold soon. That's why people love technology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love technology, especially the one that can tell anything about our bodies. I think this technology will be very successful whenever it sell in public.

      Delete
  3. One of my mother friends was diabetic, I knew her when I was 10 years old, after that 6-7 years her blood sugar level was normal. She boiled water with flower of cassia and drank it everyday instead drinking water and always ate bud of the neem tree with tamarind paste on lunch and dinner time. Let your father try this way, it might help him to decrease sugar in his blood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for suggestion. Next time I see you, I will ask you the Thai name of that herb because I do not know what it is.

      Delete
  4. i think this article is one example of the way that technology should be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love technology, too. And am constantly amazed at how rapidly, and ever more rapidly, it is evolving. When I was born, TV was black and white, there we no such things as personal computers, and no one had even thought of such a thing as the Internet. These things are all now normal and already deeply embedded in our lives, to our massive benefit.

    I sometimes wonder what will be possible ten years hence. I can sort of imagine five years into the future, but so fast is the evolution that ten years is pushing it. Machines with truly human intelligence? It wouldn't surprise me were such an amazing dream to be realised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that in the next 10 years technology might be able to think by itself as human. It makes me afraid that machines may be replaced our position or job and it might cause a lot of social problems such as unemployment.

      Delete
  6. I think the big problem that the patients who are diabetes and have heart diseases face with is that they can’t know these warning signs till the symptoms happen. Hence, it’s so dangerous for patients and they always worry about their health. This is a good news not only for patients but for everyone also. I wish this very useful device will be launch in near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that this device will be sell in public very soon and I will be the one who use this technology in order to manage my activities like exercising or eating.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.