Monday 23 September 2013

The running for madness


After I saw the report "Marathon Man:The Colour Run's 5K" this afternoon from national post that made me confused to this topic of the artist, I have attended over 30 marathon games in Taiwan, but I have not hear that before.

 In this report, the writer reports us a happiest running in the world which name is "The Color Run", it's a five kilometers with a paint-blasting station in each K. It started in 2012 by Travis Snyder and grew faster than the other sports last year,there will be over 100 events and over a million participants in 2013, because five kilometers is easy for everyone, even you are not habit of doing exercise, the most importance is you should wear white at starting line and then plaster with color in the end.



Have you saw the TV series "The Walking Death" before? Do you want to run with zombies? It's a good opportunity to experience this in "Zombie Run" in Taiwan. If you choose to be a zombie, please make up like a freak on that day. When you choose to be a human, you will get a T-shirt with three red flags, the flag is such as your life. If all of your flags have been taken, you will transform into zombie automatically, but you have no right to tear human's flag because you look like human and without making up. Finally, there is only one winner in zombielike team, the "zombie" who is best at amount of belt. There are also several interesting rules in this running, such as no weapon, no mock weapon and do not attack zombies.


I think it will be funny if I keep running in the rest of my life, because there are more and more different kinds of running nowadays. You can run with paints or zombies and even in the mud to get yourself dirty. That's all for fun and relax your mind. Do you "want" to join us? It's not enough, like the slogan of NIKE, Just Do It!

Reference
Ben Kaplan, Marathon Man: These colours run 5K(April, 4, 2013), National Post. Retrieved September 23, 2013 fromhttp://life.nationalpost.com/2013/04/08/marathon-man-these-colours-run-5k/

6 comments:

  1. it seems interesting a "Zombie run". I am far from athletic guy but I try to do more exercises such as jogging, swimming and weight training. I knew it good to my health. It would be great, if I feel funny during I do exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both runs look like fun: a great way to do some healthy activity and socialize. But I'm not sure that 5 km "is easy for everyone." I suspect it might not be easy for me.

    I like the concluding line. It's not enough to want to write, you have to "Just do it!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love outdoor activities and I generally play sport such as football and basketball, but I've never been participant for marathons. However, I really want to try both since I've read your interesting article. Fortunately, there is a Bank marathon in this November. I'll participate for this game, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P' Oor,

      is it a Standard Chartered Bangkok Marathon that you will participate? I has ever seen my friends and my juniors participated in this marathon last year. Both of them are Thomson Reuters' employees and there seem to be a lot of Thomson Reuters' employees joined this marathon. This year, my friend who earned his master degree in computer engineering from Chulalongkorn University also plans to join this marathon. Actually, I also want to join this kind of exciting and healthy activity but now I am overweight with 7 kg heavier than I was when I studied in undergraduate program 4 years ago. Hence, this excess weight make me very tired when exercising and this me afraid of getting heart failure or damaging my body.

      Delete
  4. I admire the people who can run a marathon. I think it need hard work and you must have more discipline because it is not the competition with other people but it competes with yourself.

    I have interested in marathon a few years ago because my favorite novelist is a marathon addict guy. His name is Haruki Murakami. He wrote a book name "What I talk about when I talk about running" This book tell about his running habit and I love that book very much. I loves his quote "paint is inevitable, suffering is optional" which refer to his writing and marathon activities that during the way, it's make you a lot of pain but you have to keep going whereas you are suffering because this is the only way to acheive your goal.

    Alston, have you ever read this book, I think if you love marathon you may love this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think marathon running is very interesting since I've watched "Ruk 7 Pee Dee 7 Hon Movie." I used to 7 km. run couple times and I think it's very funny and got some new experience. Most of them is unity, because I ran in group of 4 people, and when I got tired. My friends cheered me up, then we slowly ran together by didn't leave another behind.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.