Wednesday 25 September 2013

Let's travel to Antarctica.


Antarctica White Desert

Nowadays the world's temperature has been increasing drastically and becoming global warming; as a consequence, everyone feels hot and some of them can't stand living in a tropical area. Some people escape to travel in ice place which its constant sub-zero temperature, and quests want to touch the cold to refresh their mind and health.

According to "Camp with penguins in Antarctica" in the BBC News Travel (2013), Antarctica is very attractive place for travelers and it has luxurious accommodation, eco-friendly Whichaway Camp which is fully star-and wind-powered, and there has a professional South African chef for our meal in different styles. Additionally, travelers can participate in various activities such as exploring ice cape, skiing or touring a group of penguins

In Thailand, many Thai people have never touched snow during winter session and Thailand is located on the tropical which has high humidity and hot temperature. Some of them have touched snow in other countries and they get a lot of experience in their travels. My classmates at AUA complain that they want to take some vocation days to travel around the world. We had better visit Antarctica to see penguins ourselves. Let us schedule for this trip and keep money to spend some stuffs.

In other word, we should maintain and protect our environment. For example, protecting from cutting forests can help the world avoid rising global warmer, planing trees can absorb carbon-dioxide and protect from Sun's ray which damages our skins. In these examples, we don't want to see ice melting to the ocean very quickly. If we help, many penguins and polar bears can be sustainable to live the ice place.
__________
Reference
Lindsey Galloway.(2013, September 24). Camp with penguins in AntarcticaBBC News Travel. Retrieved September 24,2013 from http://www.bbc.com/travel/feature/20130924-camp-with-penguins-in-antarctica

5 comments:

  1. I agree that Antarctica is the most interesting place to go there. I wish once in my life I will be there to watch beautiful nova light, great ice mountain, long ice river, and penguins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is snow in Australia, where a lot of people enjoy snow skiing, but there is no snow where my family live, and I was keen to play in it when I was a child. My dream came true when I was eleven and we visited cousins living in Canberra, which is close to some mountains with ski-fields. It was beautiful, but after about ten minutes, I'd had enough - it was too cold.

    I hate cold weather, and one of my reasons for living to long in Thailand is the great climate - it's never cold. I always plan my visits to Australia to coincide with warm weather, but sometimes still have to borrow a sweater from my brother. I think I can live happily without snow in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so amazing. In the past, I've dreamed to travel there but I think it seem impossible because I don't know how to go there, how do I live, what is the activities that I can do, and a lot of questions. Then, I wish that there are some explorers make it's easy in the future. Therefore, when I've finished you post I think my dream will come true in near future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Antarctica is an interesting place to travel but not to live. Thai people, living in hot weather all over the year, should be enjoy traveling to Antarctica to feel the cold that they have never faced. But for some people they might not be able to adjust themselves to the cold weather, so they might get sick.

    I agree that we should try to stop global warming by avoid cutting down the forest or using green house chemical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once I read about the tourism effect the decline in number of penguins. It said that the tourist disrupt the natural activity even if you see them from far: however, some researches say that the tourism is not the cause but the environmental problem is the major cause.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.