Thursday 26 September 2013

Finding some meal?

The high competitive lifestyle lead a hectic life for many people in which cause them to forget about their health. Although, fast food has have an important role for many people, but there are also the health-conscious groups all over the world whose refuse to consume fast food.

According to "Burger King launches lower-fat chips called Satisfries", one of the most popular fast food restaurant in the US, called Burger King, launches the french fries that contains 40% less fat and 30% fewer calories than those sold by McDonalds to appeal health-conscious consumers. Another reason is from the US society that encouraging their population to eat more healthy food to help reduce the number of obesity.

Nowadays, some group of people are concentrate about their health. Not only they just want to keep their weight down, but also maintain their healthy. However, not everyone can do that. More than one third of Americans suffer from the obese. As you can see in America, most people tend to buying the ready meal instead of cook some fresh meal. Some of them always buying a processing food such as canned food or frozen food. Those are the main causes of obese. On the other hand, if they are spend a bit of time buying fresh products and cooking for their meal, the number of over weight people will largely decrease. For me, I appreciated that Burger King think of something a little healthier than before. Because today, the greasy fast food restuarant can easily found all over the world, not just in the US. If I can choose, I prefer to cook my own meal instead of buying fast food for cheaper and healthier. But if I have no choice, I do prefer to eat the lower-fat chips rather than the greasy one.
__________
Reference
Burger King launches lower-fat chips called Satisfries.(2013,September 24).BBC News Business Retrieved September 26,2013 from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24225739

11 comments:

  1. It seem to be the popular way of marketing that provide the low-fat version of their product to consumer. Noticeably, the shelve in 7-eleven have a several number of healthy products, such as Coke Zero, low sugar milk, sugar free yogurt and so on.
    I agree with you that the trend of healthy people are significant growth, so it is the alternative way of marketing to rise their sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about some healthy products in 7-eleven. I think Thailand got a lot of healthy food and healthy choices which is great for us.

      Delete
    2. A nice example of how consumers can change society for the better without having to use threats and violence from the government. Sellers are in fact responsive to the changing demands of customers.

      For similar reasons, laws banning smoking in restaurants are immoral since they needlessly deprive consumers, citizens, of free choice and destroy free market operation in communist-like program of some controlling the personal lives of all.

      Why is this sort of communist thinking so popular?

      Delete
  2. My little sister works in fast food restaurant in Taiwan where main meal is fried chicken with bread and fries, I eat it for several times and I think it's taste better than KFC and Buger King, but it's still trash food for me, although I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some of Thailand street food are taste better than those in fast food restaurants as well. It's also a lot cheaper. However, people love convenients and that why we love fast food.

      Delete
    2. I think most street food tastes much better than most fast food restaurants of the McDonalds type. I can't eat KFC either. I'm told that Burger King is better, but I've never tried it.

      I like the idea of fast food, but it doesn't have to be awful - the Thai street food that Pear mentions is also fast food and even more convenient. There are lots of stalls in the soi in front of my condo, and a whole market full of the next door.

      For lunch today, I shared half of an excellent roast duck from one of the market stalls with a friends. A delicious and filling meal for less than 200 Baht for the two of us.

      Delete
    3. I think many Thai teenagers love to eat fast food not only because it is delicious, fast and cheap but also because it make them look better and richer than eating street food because in the past about 30 years ago when fast food first come to Thailand, it is quite expensive compare to other food, so this make people think they are rich.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you idea that if people choose to eat fresh food instead of fast and convinient one, the number of unhealthy people will decrease.

    I read some article discussing low fat and no sugar food. the writer says that there still some ingredient which is not good for our health if we take it too much. Food that claim no sugar still use sweetener such as aspartame,saccharin, and the famous one - xylitol.

    By the way, from my experince, low fat food is not so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, healthy food is not in my head. I eat everything I like.I sometimes choose fast food to be a main meal although I know it is not good for health some way because it is delicious and they have services that deliver directly to my home, especially KFC and McDonald. Plus, I dont think low fat food can appeal to me to be healthier or even to lose wight. I'm not one of health-conscious consumers, so no matter what, i do like them anyway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to agree with Ying.
      It probably wasn't very unhealthy, but I'm pretty sure that the fat rich, tasty duck I had for lunch wasn't the healthiest of meals either. But I love it, and am willing to risk a bit of possible negative health effects for the pleasure of enjoying such a yummy meal with friends.

      Delete
    2. I also agree with Ying because I eat everything I want although I know it is not good for health. one reason is I am a person, who is very difficult to gain weight even though I ate a lot of high calories food, so I don't care because how much I ate cannot apparently see with my shape - I always skinny. However, this fat can see in lipid profile blood test as well when I took a year health check up.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.