Thursday 26 September 2013

PUT IT DOWN. NOW!

A decision tree showing whether you should buy something you want but dont need. 

 Please see original source of picture

As everyone know, our cost to live is go higher every years. Nowadays, thinking about personal financial management is important for every single person. One technique of money management is controling your expense.

According to "Should I buy it?" Many people feel regret an impulse buy, which means buying without planing to do so in advance or buying without thinking of it carefully. So, the writer wants to help us in deciding whether to buy a things.

Actually, i laugh at it at the fist time i see it because of word using in that diagram. For example, If readers want to buy an expensive one but they can not afford it, the writer ask "THEN WHY ARE YOU ASKING." That question make me laugh because i do agree with the writer.

The next one is "OH BOY..." The writer use is decision box to say that readers is seem to make ridiculous dicision like situation that readers going to spend money in order to find love.

Another point is that one box have a question "ARE YOU A LEMMING?" Actually i do not know what does that sentence means. So, I find the meaning of that sentence by searching on internet and the answer make me laugh again. If readers want to buy a things and they can afford it but they just buy it because everyone else has one, the writer will judge such readers can not thinking for themself. So, please put it down. Now!

__________
Reference
Julio Rivera(2013,Sep 16) "Should I buy it?" BBC News Capital Retrieved September 26, 2013 from http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20130913-should-i-buy-it

7 comments:

  1. I really like your article, this chart is very interesting.
    When I want to buy things, I always take a long time thinking before purchasing. The main reason is that it is my own salary and it comes from my hard work.
    By the way, I usually use the emotion to buy things, for example, I want to buy UNIQLO T-shirt, I automatically think about how happy if I have it, then I buy it; in contrast, the charts above state that if you buy things because of happiness, you should put it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the price of UNIQLO products are reasonable ka P' Noina, but I find out this brand don't impress me much like ZARA or H&M (Are they in the same class brand?? I think yes), However, I love to buy on sale season only LOL. I bough a ZARA jean, which was reduced price about 3-4 times; luckily, I bough it just 70% off!!

      Delete
  2. One technique I always use when I really want some materials is I'll presume that product price at least as possible then I'll ask the real price and make negotiation if I got equal price as I think or lower I'm gonna buy it, if not I put it down and walk away. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow P'4. it's sound like value concept. Anyway, how do you do if want somethings from brandname shop or shop in dapartment store?

      Delete
    2. I always have desire to buy brand-name products all the time ka n'Pop LOL, However, I remind myself that how many salary I've got and how many price of that bag. Is it reasonable to pay? yes, answer is NO LOL. because the average price of brand-name product cost my salary one month, so I'm not gonna buy it soon, but definitely when I got a fancy job in the state ka, LV is the first one next is Goyard and so on.

      Delete
  3. And we don't want to be lemmings, do we?
    We want to be critical and questioning as we work out what really is true, what really is good, and what will really make us happy and the world a better place.

    Check: Or should we be aiming for some other set of goals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worked out that it's a good idea to go to bed now.
      On Saturday's and Sundays, I have early morning classes at AUA. They start at 8:00, which I don't really love, but I do like finishing work at 10:30 AM.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.