Saturday 16 June 2018

Nice's Academic Interests

My Academic Interest is about International Classic Literature. I like to read and learn how the author thought when they created their written work. Once, I have learn about one of the most famous author in the United States,Mark Twain, I have learned about his life and his inspiration that affected to his Masterpiece, The Adventure of Huckleberry Finn. So that I became interest in Literature and be curious why emotions and surrounding is one of the factors that shape the work.

Not only for the USA's literature ,but I also interested in Japanese, British, and Russian literature as well. In my opinion, I believe that the literature in the past can teach us how to live well in some ways.

2 comments:

  1. If you are interested in literature studies, you may want to take some courses in the Comparative Literature department. There are courses such as literature and women, juvenile literature and queer literature. The professors will select many interesting books for you to read and discuss with your classmates. There will be in-depth discussions of both theories and contexts. For example, in the juvenile literature course, you may need to study author’s childhood to see how it influences the book. I took some of the courses. There was a time I was surprised by an author’s biography. He wrote a book about how people should live together peacefully. The book even won awards. However, I found out later that the author was also in the KKK, a secret organization of White Americans who use violence against Black people and other minority groups.

    The Comparative Literature department is usually found in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities. I think you will have a great time taking the courses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know nothing about literature. I think it is too difficult to understand. It is like I have to translate them twice to know what it is about. Not many people I knew that they are interested in literature. How brilliant you are. If you would like to tell, I would like to listen about them.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.