Tuesday 26 June 2018

Social media stars

What I read

     According to Are Instagram stars facing a brand backlash? (2018) by Mary-Ann Russon, the vloggers and the bloggers are very popular to motivate several businesses. Due to the engagement between them and their followers, business sector usually use those influencers atttaching people to engaging their products in social application such as Facebook and Instagram. The popularity's influencers do not come in the short time and an easy way. Moreover, they still confront with fake influencers who use bot for creating their flows. That is, the existence's those stars need to compete and be challenging always.
___________________________________ 

My response

     Nowadays, social media have a significant role in our activities. Many companies pay more attentions for advertisement like one investment. To promote is different based on their strategies, but one interesting method is to use the influencers providing to reach customer. It may be true that the more you invest in promoting, the more people know you are. However, it will be better if this investment has an efficiency promoters and gains the positive effect also.
     Certainly, every businesses want to make profits from their total costs, and to choose the influencers is one  important method of their aims. Most of companies require the influencers who only have a big followers, so they believe that those influencers may have an impact on their viewing rate. Yet in practical, we should realise that the accepted decision's buyer relies on their trust and engagement. Furthermore, Instagram application found that they deleted the fake account more than million per day. Thus, only the big  fan followings without engagement barely mean to order.
    In contrast, some micro influencers evolving to their followers closely can make trust better than the previous one. The goal of some companies emphasizes to choose them in order to promote the direct target group. However, this method requires  huge amount of money paid for the larger influencers. Therefore, these methods may be probably proper or improper in each different situations and the visions.
 ___________________________________ 

My question

     What would you choose between micro-influencers and macro-inflluencers if you were an owner? And why?
___________________________________ 

Reference

  • Russon, M. (2018, June 22). Are Instagram stars facing a brand backlash?. Retrieve from https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44539536

6 comments:

  1. I think it is conciderably hard question.I think that this is a good Advertisement way to invest social media star because more and more people can surf on internet easily and choose the star who they like. Meanwhile these social media stars can effect a amount of their fans. Of course, I will select a macro-influencer to invest,but I will survey who is a real macro-influencer and who is not before I decide to invest.I prefer a real micro-influencer than fake macro-influencer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  2. I think its depends on the business scale. If the product I need to sell is meant for mass consumers, then I will choose macro-influencers in order to reach out to as many people as possible. On the other hand, If the product is meant for niche market, then I will choose micro-influencers, because they have specific target followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have an awesome analysis and I think if I have my own company, I will probably hire you surely!

      Delete
  3. If I am an owner, the rules of my choice of stars are not only famous, it's also need consider the stars whether they suit for my brand spirit and communication target audience. If they accord with these needs, even if they are expensive, they are worth it. But if they just have a lot of fans and don’t fit my brand. I do not choose them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Firstly, the qualification of the stars should fit with each brands. Your idea also has an effect on my idea as well.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.