Monday 18 March 2019

Back to Mathkids

Back to the first time that I've studied math; it was before grade one that math interested me. In that tutoring school, solving math problem can be exchanged to point that its currency is the same as Baht ,but it is able to use only in the tutoring school to buy a prize. In addition, you can play with teachers if you finish your work. This place called "Mathkids"

In the first time, Mathkids is located at Khing's house. Khing who is the founder of Mathkids is named Ping, but his mother sold ginger, which is called Khing in Thailand. So, many people call him Khing. Then, It had a new branch near my school because many students in my school studied at Mathkids. When I was at Mathkids, I normally finished my work really fast in order to play games with Khing; we usually played card games. Once I graduated from my old school in grade six and also from Mathkids by completing all math problems, I moved to study in another school. From that time, I didn't go to Mathkids anymore.

Then, I was drawn back to Mathkids again in grade nine, and I met Khing again. We played card games like we usually did in the past time; we also exchanged some experience since I didn't moved to study in his old school. I heard Khing talking with his friend who teaching at Mathkids that the rent was going to raised, but I didn't think that this would happened.

Now, That branch of Mathkids was disappeared because he can't afford the rent. So, he decided to cancelled the rent and moved out, continue teaching at his house again. I don't know if  I can meet him again.

3 comments:

  1. Reading Champ's post, I was reminded of my own love of mathematics in school, but more high school than primary. We didn't have anything like MathKids, but the university in the town where I went used to let me go and play with their computer. Back then, in the late 1970s, that meant sitting in room with the computer all around you, with a small black and white screen in front, and no graphics! I didn't think about it at the time, but the time they gave me must have been fairly expensive back then.

    Of course, the computer I carry around in my shirt pocket today is much more powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to study maths at tutoring school too. Unfortunately, It didn't make me feel good maths at all. I would say that your teacher, Khing, must be a really good teacher since he can make you enjoy doing maths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy reading your blog. I wish I had gone to great tutoring school like Mathkids when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.