Saturday 30 March 2019

The best wolf comic of its kind

What I read

The article “How a bookshop wolf handles awkward customers” (2019), written by Dhruti Shah, talks about the popular comic on Instagram and Tumblr named Customer Service Wolf written by an Australian bookshop worker: Anne Barnetson got this idea from her friend’s speech related to one funny story where the retail workers who are predators eat their strange customers; also, since Ann and her friend’s nicknames are Flying Wolf and Black Wolf respectively, the main characters, then, are wolves. This comic given in a humorous tone is mainly about a customer service wolf that has to deal with many kinds of weird customers in various ways, and has consequently got really good feedback from the readers sharing their own experiences related to these stories via comments.

___________________________________ 

My response 

Nowadays, people have to deal with the serious environment that each of them have to do many things to serve their living such as finding money leading people to compete with either themselves or others. In contrast, this comic on the social media is a kind of relaxing story, which make people relieve from stress including me. So this is a main reason why I feel interest in this article. At the time that I read this article, which was the last one in my list, in the last Saturday class, I absolutely knew that I would choose that topic to summarize, even I had three or four topic that I was interested before. I can remember when I read this article, I smiled and I felt that it is so funny that I cannot stop smiling.

Another important reason that this comic is attracted to plenty of people is most of the stories are related to the real scenarios in many service industries. When it is related to readers' life, even it is not direct experiences, it is exactly effect their feeling, and additionally, this story will easily generate a connection to all readers with those humorous tone, amusing mood and relative stories, which they all will understand what the author is talking about in a short period of time and do not require much knowledge and additional thought from readers.

Apart from that, the author has used social media to be a medium between her and readers, which is a good strategy to gather a community to their place, and people can also interact by sharing ideas with each story or other comments in almost realtime. Subsequently, it will proliferate the community leading to the huge popularity of this comic.

On the part of readers who have behaviors as customer side, they will see what other people think about them when they do such a bad thing to others or customer services when they read this comic, which is a mirror of them to see what they have done to other and the effects that could be happened. However, this is based on each personality that they will think about the effect of their behavior or not, which some people might just read it and have fun with it without concerning about the stories that the writer would like to express.

___________________________________ 

My question

Do you think this comic should have some other kinds of stories? If so, please give an example.

___________________________________ 

Reference

2 comments:

  1. I had already read and enjoyed this article before our class, so was happy to see that Mind chose it to summarize for us. I also like her paragraphs that each explore an issue related to her choice, from explaining how she came to chose it, to relating it to our lives and connecting it with social media and other things important today. I'm sure that her thoughtful start will prompt a good variety of responses in her readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never known this comic before but your summary is really interesting. It made me want to know what this comic is about. I've already followed this Instagram because I want to read more story about them and I like the style of drawing that the author used. Moreover, I think the story itself is amusing but I wonder what if a wolf, the main protagonist, become a customer, what will happen? It's quite interesting to switch the roles.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.