Sunday 17 March 2019

Teeter totter


It was my father’s birthday when I tried to get something for dinner. I decided to go for some places new. At first, I was lost in the middle of the way. I walked down the alley and then suddenly realized that it was the same direction that I used to take to go to my primary school. There were so many changes. The piano school with cozy-looking cafe in the front had disappeared. Instead, there were construction site, which seemed like it was going to be replaced by condominium. I finally got something for dinner from the street market nearby. After I finished buying food, I was drawn back to my primary school. Therefore, I started walking along the alley and then stopped in front of the school.

When I got in, there were so many unbelievable changes. My childhood school had became so much attractive. It was decorated with light-colored Christmas light all around, making it Christmas vibe. As I walked in, one thing that strike me the most was the nostalgic playground that I used to play when I was a kid. It was in the middle of the school. There were so many colorful playthings, such as bright red slider and cute little orange teeter totter. All the things there looked so much smaller. I felt like I was a giant who was as tall as the slider.

After I got out from the school, I returned home and all the nostalgias hit me so bad. I used to play with my friends in that playground. Consequently, I texted my childhood friends that I hadn’t talked for ages on Facebook and we started talking. I thought it was going to be hard for me to talk with them, because it had been a long time since we last talked. Surprisingly, our talk ran smoothly and we couldn’t stop. As a result, we managed to see each other at our old school. And I bet that it’s going to be great.


1 comment:

  1. A few things in Lily's post reminded me of places from my own past. The most recent was her phrase "replaced by condominium," which could describe a lot of old places around where I live on Silom. I'm glad the old marked next to my own condo is still a market like it was 25 years ago.

    And then there was her main idea about visiting her old primary school. I went back to my old primary school about eight years ago, and it, too, was very different to the one that I went to with three ageing nuns and about 35 students altogether. It's still called St. Josephs, but there are no nuns there now, and there are a couple of hundred students in the large, modern buildings that have been added on to the old wooden ones I learned to read in.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.