Monday 18 March 2019

Changing place, the same person

I have been living in my current house since I was fourteen. I moved to this house because it was near my junior high school "Bodindecha 2 school." At the first time I was here, I just knew that a department store called " Fashion Island" which was the most famous here was located near my school. I, however, have never thought that it would become a memorable place reminding me of my close friends and guiding me to be there again after many years later.

After my bachelor's degree graduation, I moved back to my house. It was just another day in paradise. While I was home and lying down on my comfortable sofa, my close friend called me that we were going to have a reunion in the evening at Fashion Island. Because we usually came to Fashion Island after examinations in the school to do many relaxing activities together: watching a new movie, playing football games which commonly is FIFA and enjoying eating our favorite food such as a steak, this place is a source of my invaluable memories about my old friends. When I heard that name, I recognized suddenly and wondered how had it changed over time. I could not wait to be there, so I decided to take a look before meeting time.

I arrived there around one hour before meeting. Outside of the building seemed the same, but colors obviously became pale. A couple of minuets afterwards I could not believe eyes, when I got in. Every things had changed; banks, for example, now stood where restaurants use to exist, half of a cinema had been replaced by a new area of restaurants and almost all of priceless game center had been substituted by a rink which was built for families to enjoy skating on ice together. I became new here again because I got lost in the familiar place. However, I was glad to know that the only exception to all these changes was my favorite game shop, which had remained untouched. I really like a seller of the shop. He is so kind and often offer me a discount. Surprisingly, he remembered me as well. 

After my friend had come, we had a conversation about the changes. I told them I preferred the new one to the old because I had more choices in restaurants and everyone agreed with me. Then we had the reunion at one of them. Before we left Fashion Island, we had not forgotten to play arcade games together, which were left a few here.   



   

1 comment:

  1. My mother always tell me that everything in the world will be change every time and nobody can stop it, so this is the nature of life. I agree with my mother, and I think the people who understand the nature of life tend to be happy with everything around them.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.