Saturday 16 March 2019

The park that I have never forgotten

Last two years, I was drawn back to a park that I often went when I was young, where there were a lot of my memories. It was a park near my old house before I moved to another place, which is located under the Rama IX bridge, and next to the Chaophraya River, which is the most beautiful river in Bangkok. It was Chaaloem Phrakiat Park.

One day, I had to meet one of my friend in a restaurant near that park. After the meal, while I was getting to my car, the park’s image in my memory had shown up in my mind. Then I suddenly made my decision to go straight to the park that I had never been there for a long time and I know I missed it. That time, the park had not been changed much since I was young, which I can remember that when I was around 13-14 years olds, I went there almost every day after school with my aunties, who brought me to know this place. Because the park is almost same as before, my entire memories about this place continuously came up to my head like my own film.

There are many facilities that people could get benefits from such as a library, small gym, Chaophraya viewpoint, and garden with many kinds of flowers. When I went inside that park, first thing that I saw was the bus library which is the library located in a bus with one big room, and small tables and chairs; it could contain around 6-7 people at the same time including librarian. This library was especially built for children, which we could see from colors and designs inside. I loved that place so much. Afterward, I walked along the way passed the garden to the gym, which was also the place that my aunties used to do yoga. which apparently looked very old. Inside the gym, I can see treadmills, dumbbell and many exercise equipments. After that, I walked out and went directly to the Chaophraya viewpoint, and took a deep breath along the trail; it was fresh and lively. Then I stopped at the viewpoint and sat there for maybe 30 minutes to take a good rest, and I also saw people do aerobics next to the river with the happy face and enthusiastic sound. It seems like I relieved all stress I had got previously and recharged myself for the next day before I went home.

After that time, I didn’t have any opportunity to go there again. However, based on this assignment, I have searched for the name of this place, which I forgot it at the first time, and unexpectedly found that this park was removed since there are another project of building another bridge on this area. I was really sad to hear this news. However, I hope that, after the building had finished, the government will bring the park back to Bangkok people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.