Friday 5 March 2010

Can we reject to discriminate minority?

Two days ago, I wrote about discrimination adn iti led some questions about this issue. when choosing employees, should we be allowed to discriminate the people who are homosexual or the people who has unacceptable life style?

Basically, I think that discrimination should not be allowed in any work place. Candidates should be taken by their abilities; owner has to consider who can work well in that postion even in a private organization. In a certain circumstances, such as religious groups, homosexuals are rejected as a worker, and women are not allowed to be a odained in Catholic society. Every group has a rule to protect themselves to keep their character. Sometimes, it became overwhelmed, so the rule went too far. In a work palce, every people should be tested their ability fairly. Even though, I think that we should not discriminate other people in my brain, to be frankly, in my mind, I feel that I can not resist to accept the social opinion such as gay, or homosexual issue; if my daughter wants to marry to a woman, I'm not sure that I could accept it and conglatulate my daughter in a pleasure.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not clear.
    Do you think that church groups should or should not be legally allowed to discriminate on the basis of a person's sex or sexuality?
    Your example reminded me of a personal incident in my own extended family. My cousin was doing post-graduate research in Nigeria about 15 years ago. Whilst there, she met a Nigerian and they fell in love. She invited him back to Australia, and they subsequently married. This so upset my uncle, her own father, that he almost refused to attend her wedding. He certainly was not able to give any very pleased blessing to the marriage. Happily, he realised that he his feelings were perhaps natural, but nonetheless totally wrong. He made an effort to change, and today is the proud and happy grandfather of three darker skinned children. In private discussions, some of my aunts also confessed that they were a bit stunned as well, and that it took them some time to get over their initial responses, which they had the very good sense not to tell to me cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a bit disingenuous both here and in my comment on your previous post on this topic. The reason was that I did not want to affect your answer by revealing my own opinion. But if you give yours, it's only fair that I should give mine.
    And I'm naturally wondering what others might thing on this controversial issue.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.