Thursday 11 March 2010

A problem has arisen about blogging our blog

In an attempt to redeem myself for not showing up in class the forth time this morning, I tried to blog a blog tonight and tried to make it a long one. I started by browsing through our class blog once and read my classmates' blogs that catch my instant attention, then commented on some of them. This process was to be done before I chose an article to write about because ,as far as I am concerned, we shouldn't be blogging on the exact same news, it's kind of violation of an invisible rule for me. I am quite certain that Peter never mention to us that we can or can not blog on the same article, so, it's just my assumption.

However, when I refreshed the page in an attempt to copy a reference to make my own reference I found out that Sunny has just blogged on the same news as mine! I was shocked but amused, and decided to publish mine anyway, since it took me so long to wrote it all and, according to the time shown on the page, I started writing before her. ( Sorry, dear.)

Thus, my question is can we blog on the same article that is also from the same source? I mean, may be in other situations, too. For example, when we read a classmate's blog and feel strongly urged to blog about the artivle, too, maybe on a totally and utterly different perspectives and it is too long and too creative to be just a comment. I do think that my blog and Sunny's blog is not about the same aspect and that's interesting, right?

So, what do you all think about this question?

__________
References
There is no references on this blog.

2 comments:

  1. I think that if we focus on different issue, we can post a new blog, but if we write on the same issue, we should comment because the summary paragraphs are similar. To avoid duplication of the content of summary, we should comment on the former post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised this has not happened before. A lot of the articles that people choose to blog are articles that I've read and found interesting myself, as I note in my comments.

    I like Ann's suggestion for deciding whether to make a new post or a comment. I would usually add a comment if it was a response to the same topic, unless I wanted to discuss some very different aspect of an article, not merely to disagree with what an earlier blogger had already posted.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.