Sunday 14 March 2010

Unpleasant Demonstration

This period, Thailand 's politic is in heated atmospere. Thousand of people from upcountry rally to protest againt the government. I found the article "Thousands attend anti-Berlusconi protest in Rome" in BBC News which match with this Thailand 's situation draw my interest.
Thousands of people gather in Rome to protest againt the Prime Ministor who was blamed of sending his electoral list missed the deadline but it was still in effective. The country is going to set the elections at the end of this month. He excused that someone try to destroy his party and he did this with the reason of the country's benefit.
I think everyone have freedom to express their ideas as their basic right, but it should be in the way that do not make harm to others's basic right. I agree with the protest in Itally because at this period I have heard the news of protest in Italy several times due to people are suffered from his several government's scandal such as corruption, Prime Ministor's scandal. Prime Ministor use his power to serve his own benefits. For example, Prime Ministor dominates the entire media of the country. Compare to Itally, Thailand also have similar problem of corruption, income inequality. Many people dislike the government's activities. I also think that government does not really try to solve the problems but I quite disagree with the protest in this period because the country is going to get recovery from economic problems. This politic's problem will make the country get worse.
__________
References
Thousands attend anti-Berlusconi protest in Rome in BBC News. Retrived from http://news.bbc.co.uk/

1 comment:

  1. I think that sorting out the political problems would provide a more stable basis for future economic development. As long as the political situation is uncertain, that seems to me likely to cast a shadow on economic issues. And since some of the political problems like corruption have a large economic impact, perhaps some short term pain is worth the possible long term gain.

    I'm very glad that the protests so far have been peaceful and even cheerful from what I've seen on the BBC lead story "'Red' protesters demand Thailand PM resigns" (2010, March 14) at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8566588.stm

    Silom Road has seemed a bit quieter than usual this weekend, which hasn't really bothered me. I don't know what effect the protests might have had elsewhere, I guess a bit more dramatic in some areas than in mine.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.